The Reason Deckard Sucks (partly)

Is because people don’t pick up his pots. lol

8 Likes

Um, I’m sorry, when I’m limping away at 10% health. My team mates with 95% of their health intact do pick up the potions.

14 Likes

i did say partly. Thats the other issue. People who dont need to pick them up will carelessly pick them up while missing 10hp. But youre right, it happens too often.

1 Like

And the most annoying of all, is when I’m playing Deckard and I put a potion in a bush for vision, and someone missing 10 hp goes and picks it up…

It doesn’t give vision. Else, it would be too strong.

14 Likes

In other words hero X sucks or op, because people don’t know how to deal/play with him? Nothing new under the sun.

Hanzo thread says hi to the Deckard thread. :joy:

4 Likes

It’s so frustrating playing Deckard when you throw down a potion for that 10% heath ally and the 98% health Jaina sprints in at takes it! It’s a good thing you can throw the potions directly at heroes you want to heal or I’d find Cain almost unplayable.

1 Like

I have 60 % wr exactly on deckard over 115 games in masters with a kda on 10.66. The issue isnt with the team mates but with the deckards and where they land their potions. The majority of ppl think they have to land them on their target and since the majority of the playerbase are “real bad” and have poor aim, they land the pots behind their target. Try to figure what way your target is running and throw the pot in front of them. This will improve your WR a lot. Also dont pam your E+W(in that order) combo. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Stormy - 90% of the time, pots are thrown in front of people if i have the range because i’m trailing behind as they run for their life. 1-5% of the time i will miss if i have to throw directly on them, or everyone is so crowded it just hits the wrong player. Its amazing how many ppl will walk right thru three pots taking the shortest path to a gate and die, because pots that were sitting in lane maybe a smidge to their side were ignored. I don’t really have any issue w my deckard win rate. The player base is really just bad.
Yusuke - You couldn’t be bothered to read the original post or? Its satire.

I use deckard to force players to retreat, or advance. When I throw a potions in a row to safety they tend to retreat from battle. Also Ruby is often picked and used badly, best case giving 0 value, worst case luring teammates into unnecesary danger.

1 Like

Yeah but if you play fat potions, the 10% hero might want to wait for it to grow. It happens quite often that im standing there waiting for it to grow and some1 decides I don’t want it and snatches it (obviously before it grows) Xd.

2 Likes

There are a lot more issues.

The problem is that people expect to be fully healed by healers. Plenty of players think that if a healer ignores you while you are 90% hp, and no one nearby, that the healer is bad.
Thats the same reason why people pick up the potions. They dont care if 80% of the healing value is removed, if they are not at full health, they must be healed.

Another thing is, people often also think the healer wants you to pick up the potions (you dropped them for a reason). They forget that many potions are just there for ‘just in case’.

A decent deckard is generaly good at making clear which potions are for retreating players, and which are just for general healing. And have a decent accuracy to get a potion to the hero that needs it. Players generaly should not be thinking too much about it.

1 Like

Most deckards dont know they have good health and that their trait works in range of on other hero. I usually see them far in the side or backline

1 Like

That’s sad, because Deckard is actually quite tanky - almost Uther like - with the bonus armor.

1 Like

Yeah, I get the frustration when I’m playing Deckard.

If i’m someone like Yrel, I will leave potions because I have armor and self healing. Then once in a while I will die and get yrelled at for trying to be practical about how potions are picked up.

If I’m playing with a team as Deckard and they have constantly been taking potions when they shouldn’t have, I usually resort to using the AOE healing potion instead. At least I know there will be a chance I’ll get more use out of it, though I’m not really a fan of this talent.

Imo, it’s your job to heal them, not theirs. Sure, the Potions stay on the ground so you can miss, but it can act as a skillshot where you don’t need your ally to go to the spots you threw one.

(I’m also a Deckard player, jtbc.)

1 Like

That’s not his fault. It’s his allies’ fault for not picking up the potions :man_shrugging:

It’s Deckard, and I agree with both of these opposing sentiments! There are just some players that are beyond helping as a healer, you can toss the potion at them, save them, but they will run straight back to their death on 10% health.

I do think players need to adapt to some mechanics of the healer they are playing with. If you can only use the potions as a skill shot as you team will not pick them up, that means you can never pick the extra heal potion as it will get no value.

Ancient Blessings is the best anyway :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like