The Prodigal Daughter (Prologue/Preview)

Next Chapter

“Let me tell you my children, the tale of Iresia’s Prodigal daughter, though skilled in combat she was still just a foolish child in need of guidance.”

In the desert sands, the only sounds that could be heard for what seemed like miles were the crunch of Hoof against the sand. As a chocolate brown horse trod with the famed bounty hunter Qhira on it’s back. With her sword on her back and the beautiful gemstone around her neck, she was scanning the area, as if she knew that the silence was attempting to mislead her.

“She had many admirable qualities befitting a warrior in the realm of gods. Courage, skill, wit and she would never abandon her fellow knights if she could help it.”

Qhira gently pulled on the reigns prompting her horse to stop and then deftly climbed off. Walking ahead on foot taking her chain sword off of her back. a determined glint in her eyes. Without any warning she flicked the blade, extending it towards a nearby boulder.

The boulder erupted into rubble as it was hit and sent 3 hidden figures in face-covering bandanna’s tumbling from behind. Just as the Huntress would go on the attack she found herself twisting her blade to her other side, blocking red laser projectiles from behind another boulder.

“But skill in combat does not make one wise. Foolishly she thought she could defy the rightful ruler, the one who gifted her the tools she needed to save the realm.”

At this point well over a dozen of the bandits had been wounded in some fashion, some lesser some… far more grievous. However, the one thing they all had in common was that each injury was glowing and flickering. it was almost a pixelated red and orange as some kind of energy engulfed and pulled the wounds apart.

The Huntress barely even touched by her foes flicked her thumb on the hilt of her blade pressing a button, immediately all the cyber blood glowed and at the same time so did her blade, then the light seeped from the hilt into her and for what little exhaustion might have been felt by the huntress was healed away as her very muscles were healed at a microscopic level.

The fight would last only a few minutes until finally Bloodstained until only one person was still standing. Qhira even in spite of all the blood and gore around her, walked casually towards the last Bandit, on his stomach he was crawling away.

He didn’t even have time to beg for his life as Qhira sliced through his neck in one prompt strike. A strike so accurate she also flicked a pendant the man had been wearing into the air for her to catch. the amulet on the necklace being a wolfish symbol that made up the bandit clans symbol, it was what she had been told to bring back in proof of her contract being completed.

“Her foolish rebellion came to a climax in the heart of the realm of gods, as she challenged my rightful rule with the very gifts I bestowed on her. she fought with misplaced fury… and in that fury, she dealt a blow to the sacred heart of our realm, and destroyed our home.”

authors Note

The best lies always have some truth among them.

10 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck:
Body is unclear 20char

2 Likes

Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

Yes. So much better then the official comic
How detailed can you discribe fighting on this forum btw :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s a very good question, hopefully I don’t find out the hard way.

By the way which COmic are you reffering to, I didn’t know Qhira had a comic, or are you reffering to the older ones about Orphea and Deckard?

The deckard one. Just not great… yours have a bit more emotion

1 Like

It does, Melke let’s you into Qhira’s thoughts and her emotional conflicts. I think if Melke’s story had come out as a Comic when Qhira was released it would help people see her as a more well rounded character, rather than what many perceived as just arrogance.

She has arrogance, but as in Melke’s story we can see it comes from loyalty, courage, bravery and ultimately her hubris gets the better of her.

Thanks for sharing this Melke, lovely that people share this kind of stuff on the forums. I look forward to part 2. :grinning:

1 Like

I did? Huh… and here I was thinking the actual flashbacks to Qhira’s life before Iresia’s fall that were planned for the next chapter were going to be getting into Qhira’s head,

Actually This wsas meant to be a bit of a teaser, the character narrating isn’t Qhira but someone who knew her,
But how much of what he says he truth? Since even Qhira dosen’t think all of Iresia were literal gods.