The "pro-scene" is RUINING hots

Its that much because you have to buy a bunch of other things in a thing called “the odyssey” You cannot outright buy the things you want most of the time without grind in most of the events, that includes the Ultimate skin, and to add to it, the skin is limited, so it means when the odyssey ends’ you can NEVER get that skin again. They are EA levels of evil with their monetization. It disgusts me they are a company in my state.

1 Like

You balance for the majority of your customer base ( I dont mean regional based balancing, if one region wants the game a certain way and everyone else likes how a game already is. Then the ones lobbying to have the game changed to suit their region more ethier need to make their won damn game, pay to have a separate and region locked version of the game, or shut up and play what everyone else is playing; looking at you China and Korea. Getting really tired of already released games getting changed to suit China or Korea.)

This is not a debate. Know why? Because the few high lvl players are the EXCEPTION, not the rule. This is not the Olympics. Games are for fun and enjoyment; trying to make them into a sport is a stupid idea. Look at the NFL and the NBA, you REALLY want games to turn into that big giant bowl of crap of advertisers, showboating, money, and drama where a very small hand full of individuals are way over payed and think they are above everyone else because they have money?

No thank you. I rather the game be balanced around the 90% of the player base, even if about 50% of them dont have the sense to rub two sticks together to make a fire. You can have competition and fun without Esports and all the ludicrous crap that comes with it; extremely biased game balance.

2 Likes

You know I like to sit on a basketball, so from now everyone who plays basketball should sit on the ball (included James Lebron and other pros as well) because I casually have fun like this.

You literally wan’t ruin a MOBA game because causals don’t care about the aspects of a MOBA. They don’t lane, don’t camp (not to mention well timed camps), ignore objectives and just chase kills and end up feeding and losing xp. They could do the same thing on a mobile game while tapping the same spot on the screen.
Whatever you change on this game will hurt the casuals and bad players because they can’t learn and adapt, but at least you would ruin the game for everyone else as well.

5 Likes

Heard that Dark Harvest is wrecking the matches?..

No thank you, i prefer trying to be less bad and shoot at being better even if it fails than being a failure and wanting the rest of the world being dragged down to me.
Pathetic.
Who would look at some sunday 564th sub rate sports meeting unless their family is on it?

6 Likes

Lol, dota 2 and smite all have the same issue, they balance things around pros play. Often destroying a the viability of a character every where else

4 Likes

Fallacy. You dont need the game specifically balanced around pros to work to be better. Same as you dotn need a rank to strive to play the best you can. If you need trinkets and excuses like that to motivate you to be a better player. Then you really are not doing it to be a better player. You are doing it for the trinkets. Someone that plays not just for fun, but also to play better, does not need these things.

2 Likes

and yet, people still dont learn. Rich is it not??? Its always the few that think they get to dictate to the majority because reasons. Such thinking by a minority has toppled kingdoms, and ended up with kings and queens with their heads on Guillotines. When will people learn? If you are the minority, shut up and stop being difficult. If you want things your way, then go make your own separate thing, and leave the rest of people lone to do what they want.

2 Likes

Sure because lowering heroes to match bronze 5s made them play better.
Not what the legit people at M/GM range experience, they just see baddies being even worse.

1 Like

Who said lower balance to the LOWEST player? Now you straw manning. I said balance around the 90%. Not the 50%. 90% includes all ranks up till about Diamond. Balancing the game around Bronze, silver, gold, and plat is how the game SHOULD BE.

Bronze doesnt make up 90% of the player base. if your going to strawman, do it with someone else. That’s not going to fly with me or work with me. If that’s all you got for an argument then you have lost. Good day to you.

2 Likes

Hah, good one man, laughed a lot. :slight_smile: thanks for making my day better.

Can’t imagine how it would look like if blizz started balancing around Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Oh wait, I know… some of the examples how blizz is catering to casuals and their complains:

• Chromie nerfs and reworks because casuals and low players were not able to evade foreseeable spells.
  • Stealth rework, nothing more to add here
  • Nova and Valeera nerfs because they were dominating low leagues, while being a joke in high leagues. Now joke in every league
2 Likes

Better and incredibly lame to play.

The game changed from being unique to becoming the most generic MOBA out there. There was a reason why most of us were excited to play in Alpha and or Beta. It was wild and really out there.

Now every hero is bland, their heroics are bland, the maps are becoming bland and let’s not even get started on talents.

5 Likes

I would say the pros play the game at a higher level, so if it’s brokken there and mean the hereo need a nerf that would be fine, cause if they didnt it would just be busted if you could play it as good as they do. And not every heroe that gets nerf is cause of the pros, maybe the team just nerfed them to much.

Why would it make sense to balance the game around players who don’t reach/can’t use the maximum potential of a hero? This would just mean these heroes are OP in the hands of capable players. Either you improve your mechanical skills or you play a different hero that is easier to play.
Anyway it’s possible for many players to reach the mechanical skill level of a pro player but pro players are trained to play in a team and coordinate very well. This also influences hero balance but obviously this level of coordination will never be reached in random teams… (bunker nerf comes to my mind - if you have seen the difference how pro teams use the bunker vs random teams on the battle net).

This isn’t your role playing / cosplaying game…

3 Likes

I don’t really keep up with the pro scene, but was Abathur shield really that problematic? I mean if a few teams used it, so what? I can’t imagine it was really that popular, but then again, I don’t know.

Genji is pretty hilarious though. He is pretty ineffective even at masters level and one of the lowest win rate heroes overall.

Yea it does. Even if graphs don’t show it, lots of inflated, people who belong there but they everywhere else.

Just so you know Blizzard already balances around the whole playerbase. You have this delusion that they don’t.

P. S. I’d really love to know how pros “dictate” to totally clueless and careless bronze/silver, gold and even plat players. None of that happens, its all in your head.

That was a great speech Stalin! The next step is gulag

Thank you! Feel free to throw me a request in game btw! I feel there is a lot of good conversation that came out of talking with you and perhaps you could help me get re-acquainted with the state of the game now. Back then I definitely had a lot of the mechanics down especially when I started playing Nova and Abathur. I think that really allowed me to analyze people and how everything interacted since I was able to observe more. :smiley:

1 Like

Likewise and thank you as well! :slight_smile: I was going to say the same. This forum software doesn’t show btags I dont think so here is mine Seven#14713

Trying to get a few chores done now but will be on later if you are. And if not we’ll definitely catch up soon.

1 Like

It should show your tag but with a hyphen instead of a hashtag if you hover over a user’s name. Just an fyi for the future. Request sent. :slight_smile: