The "pro-scene" is RUINING hots

That was the the thing that broke him imo. They wanted him more active in team fight engagements (which I agree with) but they tied it to his healing mechanics (emphatic disagree). Why? Well, tying his team fight participation to his healing mechanics means he needs awkward positioning (Whitemane players, I see you! She still bae tho <3). That and you get to watch your teammates die haplessly as you derp around like “can I get a moonfire when I need it?”. They’ve nerfed tranquility more times than I can remember. Twilight Dream is situational as a Talent counter otherwise WHY DON’T YOU HAVE STUKOV, BRIGHTY, Sylvanas, OR ALARAK!? Like, for real. Why would you waste an AoE heal for a silence that you could have picked better otherwise??

I was too, at first! I loved his no-mana, slippery, hyper mobile, self-healing, pest hero that he was. I’ve told so many people that the person that got me to rethink Illidan when it mattered was Severage. I cannot describe in enough detail how much I miss having him around. He made me realize “so… spamming abilities is actually BAD!?” and it made complete SENSE for it to be that way. :smiley:

He used to be all about mobility, escape, positioning, and capitalizing on debuffed (Executioner procced in my case) heroes and spanking them for not being in a deathball (that would still get spanked if your team capitalized on having an Illidan).

She used to be a lot of fun back in the day! She had some similar talents that Illidan did but she was more of a dive, setup/CC, WRECK EVERYTHING if you played her the way I did. I loved having her with an Illidan and either a Jaina, Muradin, Uther, or Arthas namely.

Nova used to be incredibly amazing! I’d often get matched against a Nova and it was almost always a 50/50 chance of an AoE build or that silly rewind build. The build I loved was full buff (Ambush Snipe [had a hidden mechanic that combo’d with crippling shot], Gathering Storm) and debuff (Crippling Shot, Decoy [because it applied talented abilities but less %damage). So if you were Volsong, you’d go Hotshots/Anti-Armor Shells and poke a hero 1-2 times, they’d NEVER take you seriously, then you’d drop your decoy in between you and the target, open with Pinningshot, Ambush Snipe had a hidden .5 sec or so window to still buff snipe so you’d follow up with that, AA would hit… If they survived, between your decoy and your AA, they’d just be dead. 90% of the time it looked like you one shot them and I think THAT is why they nerfed my beloved Nova so bad after the AoE and Rewind nerfs. :frowning:

At one point, I was honestly confident with my skill level but I was a sucker for making friends so I’d often get punished by matchmaker for being in a group. I think after the Artifacts finally got removed, my first month was nothing but MMR drops because people wanted to group all the time and we couldn’t mesh on mindset. We’d get rofl’stomped by streamer premades all day if we did lol.

I’ll have to look into this. I know that I’m still catching up and that there is a lot of information I’m not privy to so I’m trying to be fair to the devs and everyone with their concerns. I can only really comment on how much the game has changed and offer criticism as to why really. I just hope people value my input and see why it concerns me ya know?

I fully endorse this! In fact, I’ve campaigned for a Wild Turkey endorsement while I was in my last band. Oh how glorious it would have been to put Chen to shame while unleashing Metal to the masses lol… XD

I’m glad! It’s important to realize when a game is NOT worth sacrificing your well being. No matter of taunting or being called a “casual” will EVER change my mindset on this. It is more cancerous than anything else in this or any other game and that’s the truth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t really see that as an issue. Esports is esports. We all watch it obviously. But whatever happens there is because the players play well. I have never seen Blizzard buff or even nerf a hero after the games really.

And to be honest the majority of the player base doesn’t’ even play the real game anyways. Comp doesn’t’ really matter till Diamond+. Thats when balance comes into play more. Other than that there are just too many skill disparities in all game modes. You got players who are placed incorrectly, players who are new and have a highly inflated MMR that needs to be brought down, you got smurfs (some actually good and ones that will go back where their main is in bronze). Like its a total mess.

When I actually have games where I don’t kill my supposed counters 10+ times in QM ill actually care about comp until then I don’t and I don’t think hero nerfs/buffs matter other than the heroes I favor to carry with.

So we pretty much agree then? :slight_smile:

Because balancing around bronze 5 doesn’t result in blands and effortless concepts? Look at jimmy, look at pre rework kerrigan who didn’t need to combo destroy you.
Look at maraad’s insight before nerf omegalul.
You just admitted that you don’t want balance, you want OP heroes and talents. In reality blizz may be right on the mark when they release OP heroes, they know your demographic enjoys them.Pathetic

6 Likes

The AOE silence is just too powerful. I used to think the same thing as you do but again after playing with some of my diamond/master friends they made me feel like a noob for ever choosing tranquil (they still do, its like its totally out of the question, you choose tranquil and they are kinda quiet like “why did you choose that?” unless its a situation that doesn’t need it… It’s more of a prevent damage then heal up thing and even then I think Tranquil can be interrupted. You have a really good chance for powerful team plays with the silence… tranquility on the other hand just prolongs fights and the extra heal might not even be needed if everyone executes well. Whenever i used the AOE silence in games seemed to be just as good a chance if not better to win than without it. Especially when timed right. Adding Sylvannas silence as a second well timed layer (Malf/Slv “library” comp) is just pure evil but she’s not a good hero in other ways so she isn’t even played much (in draft games) beyond gold/plat…

I’m looking forward to when they make him a bit more independent of team play/followup. It might mean he actually gets nerfed a bit in some areas but I’m willing to accept that. I’d love to see him in play more. And sorry but who is Severage? ( I already googled this).

Sounds like you were really pro at Nova… way better than I was. I had a good record with her but I wasn’t as methodical with her when I was playing her (early beta into release). I had my fair share of games against streamers back then too. We gave MFPallytime a run for his money once with a really weird comp too (Me on Nova, with Murky, Aba, Uther and Tassadar I think). We lost but it was still fun.

I am 100% certain the company still does. And I do!

For sure and I’m definitely trying to maintain that mindset. So far so good just gotta keep at it. I’m wishing you the best of luck in your real life endeavors if you haven’t achieved “IRL GM” already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. They keep ruining heroes which are balanced for 99% of the player base just because the 1% of pros are capable of exploiting them in the right comp/map/situation.

3 Likes

This is a good point they DID take “noob” starter easy-to-play no skill heroes like Lili and Raynor and buffed them… to the point they needed to start nerfing them.

I forgot about Lili, fair point.
Let’s not forget about sarge hammer who lost her primary weakness with a level 4 unstoppable on a sub 30 sec cd.
The most aggravating thing about that is that at some lowest of the low qm levels some guys pick hammer without it in CC land.

1 Like

Yea I should have included hammer in that. Noobs everywhere were crying for buffs shortly after hots release when she needed none; and all that because they didn’t want to bother moving away _at_all from enemy towers when being attacked by full teams.

1 Like

I totally agree this game would better off without all this aggressive esports nonsense in it
it totally bring down the game and makes players toxic because their mentally all 12 years old and still live in the dream that someday thay too can get paid to play teh video games.

5 Likes

If it is something, Stitches looks more interesting and diverse. Not just a hook-bot with slam build and nothing else.

And balance needs to be done from the pro perspective (with lower leagues in mind).
Just imagine if the game would be balanced around bronze or diamond. A Hero is balanced there, but if someone gets better than that (not in general, just with a specific Hero), they’ll destroy everybody in their league. Not fun.
Heroes need to be balanced around their potential and not by their usage in the “common hands”.

2 Likes

Just because 60-70% of players in this game haven’t learned yet or ever how to fully play/execute on some heroes doesn’t mean the other 30-40% should suffer with the imbalances. The buffs/nerfs don’t affect the 70% in any negative way whatsoever. The esports has nothing to do with it.

If there is a higher skill cap hero (i. e. genji) that you no longer do so well on there are always other options for you to take advantage of.

Remember the same happens in reverse. All the stealthie fixes were because lower tiers just couldn’t deal with stealth…so it sort of made these heroes much less viable in higher tiers (when they were already less viable (Nova especially).

DotA2 is a joke. DotA all starts is the better game, and its a mod, and before someone goes and says “but they are they same, DoTA2 is just the WC3 mod mad fully fledged”. NO, anyone that thinks that apparently did not play the original DotA or is being disingenuous.

Add to it DotA2 is about hard counters. Ethier you pick a counter or you pay for it. That is how the game was made to work. LoL and HotS were NOT, as stated by their lead designers.

3 Likes

Well my opinion on this is:
-Casual players want to be pros (even if they are bronze5). It’s their dream to be players like the big guys. So they try and mimic the pros.
But this is just a gamers fantasy. Just cause something is meta in pro plays, that doesn’t mean it works in lower lvl with less game play knowledge.
So example: Genji can be a good pick in high lvl due the the game experience the player has. But it can be a really bad pick at low lvl due to the lack of experience and understanding of the game.

We can try and mimic what we see in pro plays. But there is a lot more behind the scenes that can’t be seen with raw sight.

1 Like

It is not that bad to balance the heroes around the pro players who can utilize them to their max. But that doesn’t mean nerfing every possible new meta or way how to use the hero just becuase they started to use him differently than Blizz intended (hello latest Abba nerf on his heal).

I think that one of the worst decisions which they ever made was the way how they started to rework the talents. From having 3-4 options on a tier where you could chose several things, like first talent was to counter AA, second was better sustain, third was more damage on ability or so, they changed the talent tiers into First tier is always sustain, whatever you pick, second tier is always damage boost, third tier is always movement, etc.
This removed a huge chunk of possible counterplay and the choices players had. That’s why a lot of heroes feel bland and dumbed down, because people no longer have the decision on how to play a hero, it’s dictated by Blizz.

1 Like

That’s every game these days sadly. One of my favorite moba heroes of all time was Arachne on Smite but she was changed completely, not even the same skills. All cause the pros deemed her not Meta enough(she’s been barely picked since then too making it all for nothing).

2 Likes

If anything stiches rework is tailored to the lower end of the playerbase. As much as playing him than facing him with shorter hook range.
You have no clue.

I too liked Arachne. Same with serqet (way over nerfed because of high lvl and pros) and also Nemisis, who was kicked out of solo lane into the jungle.

Smite is just horrible with its balance, I think they are worse then even LoL. They are also extremely bad with their loot boxes, and how much they ask for skins (100 dollars for a damn ultimate skin >.> Yah, go to hell HighRe, you greedy butt munches.)

2 Likes

Dear god 100? lol that’s actually funny it’s so ridiculous.

So Blizzard should balance heroes for casuals who can’t even right click on a 3 sec long cc chain to kill an assassin, because they are busy to tunnel attack the tank.

I see diamond/low master players rotating as 4 because they have seen in on HGC but they don’t clear the minion waves. They have no idea why do they rotate. And the part of the player base who needs to be catered is below this level.

Wouldn’t it be easier to educate the player base so they could use heroes above their 10% potential? Of course everything seems generic when the majority of the player base can’t use heroes above adept AI level. It’s like telling that every human looks the same. They all have heads and legs and so on and the details you can’t recognize at first sight don’t even exist.

2 Likes