The new patch's A.I. is terrible

AI changes are freaking ridiculous and darn stupid. Games now take 50% of the time and there is no way in hell we can even reach level 20.

Playing vs Elite is now feels exactly like playing vs Beginner.

Rollback this stupid sh*t!

7 Likes

Fizzbin is correct. If the game has trouble finding enough players for elite ai, it will search for people to fill who are queued in lower ai tiers, which is why you sometimes get 1-2 veteran and adept ai.

im ready to contribute money for the rollback

Yea, the “new AI’s” are waaay to easy on Elite, they spam camps like crazy, but dont assists them… Revert it please !

3 Likes

And a new ultimate of poor AI:
Volskaya, the enemy had a turret, they took another turret camp. And now the AI was trying to pick up the 2nd turret (dropping the other one in the process) to infinity.

And overal the AI became horribly bad.

5 Likes

We did get an answer that this is known on another thread:

3 Likes

I had an all AI game on Blackheart’s set at Veteran. I found 6 merc camps that were clear, but no one capped them.

What did Blizz have to eliminate some code to fit in new code?

Just as others have stated: Pathetic.

3 Likes

Had this game that my Fenix disconnected on Tomb of Spider Queen and an AI replaced him. Even with Fenix was ping by me, he was still hearthing back to base with full health, suddenly stop to acompain you to go to another lane just to kill a few minions, starts mercenaries alone and even kills himself walking in the enemy middle lane fort. I don’t know what happened to the AI, but it needs to be change fast!

2 Likes

I’ve never seen the ai so merc obsessed like this.

It’s like they think they have that Plastic Rebels quest from the Xmas event…

4 Likes

I barely play vs AI (only when trying a new hero). But as others have pointed out, when a player leaves the match in PVP, the AI that takes over is so bad is painful, is pretty much a lost game.
I’ve already seen some cases of AI taking over disconnected-players, and they all suck. Like this AI Guldan the other day, trying to push a keep, while we had an enemy immortal on our core (an immortal that we could have won, but lost because AI Guldan never showed up to the obj to begin with). Anyways, the AI Guldan was obsessed, so to speak, to destroy that keep… and of course it failed, got killed (ignoring damage) and we lost the match.
Terrible “new” AI, indeed.

I would like to add the Elite AI is just horrible at team fighting now. Used to be a challenge.

agree
agree
agree
agree

sorry
Post must be at least 20 characters

2 Likes

battlefield of eternity: They try to take all the camps even if the objective is in play. So my team gets free objective. Then as they try to take out merc camp near the middle gate to core, they got distracted trying to break the middle gate down into the base while all 4 towers were still up!

So my team just went over there and killed them all and took the camp from them. Just embarrassing how bad they are now.

The symptom exists in the Asian server, and if you only dig in the middle lane, the game will end in three minutes. I was strange because it was so easy to wait for a quick match before. It was not an ‘Elite AI’ I knew before. 좀 고쳐줘.

Blizzard AI gives me hope. If AI goes rogue and decides to wipe out humanity let’s pray darlings that they use Blizzard code.

I’ve seen the same, even before the current patch.

2 Likes

So basically we are stuck with this crap AI for god knows how long. Big fat middle finger from Bliz to everyone who plays vs AI.

1 Like

Made my day :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On topic : I agree, even Elite AI is really dumb now, going for camps without caring about Players or Objectives, and on Volkskaya’s Foundry, leaving down the Healing Beacon or Turrets on the field…

1 Like

improved as in boring :smiley:

AI definitely went stupid this patch. I was expecting more corner-turning-3±deathball-dives but I just ended up laughing that they were trying to cap objectives next to 3 other team mates while we just hit the quickest ability we have to blow them up. lol

Yes I agree. In the many games i have had AFKs in quickmatch, the AI is basically useless. I could not get Ragnaros or Ana to do anything. If I pinged to follow, they would just follow me around and not do anything (attack minions, attack opponents, clear camp with me). If I did not ping to follow they would run around the map mindlessly or hearth at 100% health/mana.

1 Like