The leaver punishment is wrong

So I was AFK in an unranked draft because I had a real life situation where which needed my attention for about 5 minutes and when I can back I got the leaver punishment which I agree as long it won’t take you HOURS to get rid of it like it did to me.

So I went 3 ARAM’s and 4 QM to try and get rid of that so I only needed 1 win and guess what: I had at least 1 afk player every single game of those 7.I finally won it in my 8th game after I spend like 2.5 hours .

It’s not ok to let players waste so much time and effort for that because I did my job and tried to win. I agree for those who do leave intentionally and often do be like this but there are also those players who really had an emergency and couldn’t make it at that point. You can imagine I had no desire to play after that.

You won’t get leaver penalty after leaving one game, but you have to do it more often or get reported multiple times that it gets applied to you. So in fact, if someone gets the punishment he pretty much deserve it, take it with pride and move on. This punishment makes it possible that games are more than less leaver-free. You don’t want a leaver-infested queue in ranked like in other mobas (Dota 2 or HoN).

4 Likes

Nobody can really prove whether you pulled your internet cord or really had an emergency.

That’s the beauty of the system, it doesn’t discriminate and you get no free passes with customer support.

I have to leave a few times a year because someone is at the door etc. but I just take the penalty, clear it in ARAM and move on. If you haven’t dc’ed in a long time, the first one doesn’t even lead to a penalty at all.

How do you think the system ever could tell real life emergencies? You already get 1 free pass like Yusuke said. After that you’re doing it repeatedly.

5 Likes

As Yusuke noted, it does give you a free pass before it puts you into a leavers queue. I’ve only had a leavers game maybe twice in the 6 years I’ve been playing. I’m pretty sure you can leave maybe up to 3 games over about four months without even having leavers penalty.

5 Likes

Can confirm, I left a game this week in draft simply because I was pissed due to nobody picking a healer (I already took tank) and Alt f4’d. At least I saved the three other teammates 20 minutes.

I lost points but got no DC penalty at all. Plus now when I finish ranked games I get the 500 points back, it says I’m getting 50 penalty redemption points now whether I win or lose after each SL game.

People who get penalties (especially those with like 3-4 leaver games) are habitual leavers. No emergency going on.

2 Likes

I got it for giving my mother a hug during ranked draft. Im still in it. 7 Arams. Its wrong, and i literally have to quit the game because of it. It is impossible to even get close to a win.

I personally hate it when people don’t prepick in ranked, it’s not that hard. Also, at what rank does it become impossible to win in ARAM?

Leaver que is not the problem here. People who play in leaver que are. Mostly those who just play to troll or afk to annoy whoever joins them.

2 Likes