The future of this game

What’s going to happen? In all my years playing online games is kind of ironic that a lot of those games just died and almost all of them enter their final state in Xmas… every single time. Once that Xmas tree, skins, event, etc. stay for months you know the game is in trouble. Many people here just talk about events, skins and that’s not gonna carry the game, that’s not going do anything for anyone.

How about a new game mode? How about a season pass? Content that makes money and at least have a reason for more people to come back and play again. If the game is on maintenance mode, why not experiment with it? Create a new game mode with items maybe? stop being stubborn and loyal to your first ideas, they may have worked but their not enough to make it interesting anymore. And yes i know the gameplay is good but i dont want HOTS to die just because it didnt make MF money.

Lately the game feels stale; it is either a dominating experience or you feel like a survival game where you need to be extra careful not to die and at least try to do something (including having fun). It’s easier just to complain than to make a video game and i know this but just dont let this game die without putting up a fight and be dead because your competitive scene didnt work. There is always a way to make it work.

1 Like

It’s good to see someone gets this. Often I see blame laid at the feet of the current Dev team, but they are only allowed to do as much as those higher up allocating funding allow them to do.

3 Likes

Then the devs should make an alt account and leak the truth. Get the public to crucify the top people.

They would be probably concerned to lose their job, it’s pretty easy to trace these things. I don’t think they have any responsibility to take a risk like that.

3 Likes

I hope it’s not the sign of the end.
I don’t mind having no changes, I can see how far I get with my snail pace. But I agree that some form of encouragement is needed so that for any player lost, another gets recruited. A teenager, a returning veteran, anything.
(By the way, pretty much every QM has a player that was on a break for several months. Seeing a lot of low level accounts with 5-6 years age.)

I don’t know how much of a slavemaster Blizzard / Activision is, but at many tech companies there is room for experimentation. Even SAFe acknowledges it in the form of innovation sprints.

And / also / but the community response to the latest experiments hasn’t exactly been stellar. It’s always possible to dismiss it by but those ideas were horrible, but those were the ideas anyway. Weather anomaly (visual and random buffs), medallion. But earlier also XP globes, a series of tower changes including the removal of the 3rd tower per castle.

Working at an enterprise myself, I can’t blame them. As a startup it’s easy to try things, think about Wolcen. It either sticks and everyone raves, or it doesn’t and it’s forgotten. As an established company, you cannot change anything because lashback, but you cannot leave everything because boredom.

2 Likes