The disrespect to Brightwing is INSANE

Aye. Polymorph is indeed incredibly strong and shouldnt be underestimated in terms of contributing to BW’s power budget.

I think we’re getting a little sidetracked here. The comparison wasn’t to showcase who is better in the current meta, it was more or less to show that new streamlined versions of her kit are being given to newer heroes.

Brightwing had the original “amp it up” with a talent that let her burst heal on demand similar to amp it up. I have a feeling this was removed because they were already planning to add Lucio sometime in the future and they didn’t want her stepping on his toes. However, it seems perfectly acceptable for Lucio to step on Brightwing’s toes, judging by the patch notes.

1 Like

I actually thought the same thing at first until I noticed it is also a full self-cleanse. Roots and slows are easy enough, but did you know with split second timing you can even self-cleanse some stuns? That’s an extremely powerful skill to have baseline. I think the current version is fair given you can talent into magic spit to reduce the cooldown if you need to. And I’ll be honest. I’ve never needed to. Even without her cleanse she has more than enough tools to keep people alive.

1 Like

Don’t confuse ‘not as useful as ’ with ‘not useful at all’. Brightwing’s trait is very useful in specific situations, I never argued that it wasn’t. I’m just saying, Hi-five offers a solution to the problem I posed.

Hi-five gives you that ‘low CD single-target cleanse’ that I was talking about ON TOP of being able to cleanse your entire team. It’s the best of both worlds.

You know how you run into situations with Brightwing where you only need to cleanse 1 person and how you also run into situations where you need to cleanse all 4 people on your team? Well now Lucio gets the best of both worlds on a low CD. He’s got that low CD single target cleanse for 1 target and he’s also got that team-wide cleanse, also on a low CD.

It’s kind of insane when you think about it, not to mention that hi-five heals with no conditions required like critical mist does for the exact same value (250).

It’s difficult for Brightwing to think on her feet when the enemy is doing the exact same thing she is doing but more efficiently (cleanse vs 1 cc removal) and more often (15 sec vs 100 sec).

Upgrade her trait to throw a secret knife every 1min on enemy. :smiley:

1 Like

Brightwing definitely could use some buffs. Please Blizz. High Five is just unfair. :disappointed_relieved:

BW would get picked a lot more if she didn’t have global(nor need to pay for that in power levels). The reason why BW is considered so bad as global is her atrocious push power and lack of wave-clear. If you need global you are much better off with Falstad or Dehaka (or even ETC, Zag or Illidonger). They can all wave-clear better and push harder meaning they can get actual damage done staying. BW is the only one to lack that half of the equation to make global truly valuable. Actually to be precise even the global part is worse because others can get to the lane after TF quickly too while BW cannot teleport to minion or anywhere she wants.
The thing BW most critically needs is wave-clear, that’s either extra PvE damage or CDR for hitting creeps. Problem of such talent tho is it becomes mandatory pick as it fixes what is wrong with BW so it would need to be made baseline which would eat from some other parts of her kit. That’s why I don’t think Blizz will ever truly fix BW, even less so now that Blizz has decided that healers are supposed to be just heal bots that have minimal interaction with other aspects in the game.:weary:

2 Likes

Make it happen! But also add a backlash probability of friendly fire and a skill to canibalize hero corpses to gain mana.

6 Likes

Sometimes I forget Brightwing has a trait button lol

1 Like

Her trait deserves a buff in power, offering unstoppable, OR it should be on a lower cooldown. Might as well be provided through an improved lvl 4 talent (10s reduction in stead of 5s), since you can tandem with the 7 talent. However I doubt I’d pick it anyway, the value is too low.

I feel her Q needs to do more damage. If I remember correctly Blizz buffed Q a few years ago with the reasoning that players should be afraid of standing in the center of the circle, forcing them to move. The zone is small enough to justify the damage. … However they again reduced the damage and gave a passive D reset instead. This made her worse laning or setting up a Z-gank, which I think is the reason you pick her in the first place.

She indeed has an overlap with Lucio, but it never bothered me that much since her global still makes her a solid choice in certain comps/maps. Imho she needs to be tweaked a bit to make her compete with other supports.