The DEATH of CHROMIE

The original Chromie had huge range with Sand blast and dragon breath. They both had delays before they went off. So you had to learn how to time your blasts with her and anticipate the enemies movement. This made her a back line fighter. She was also super squishy. Thus, you had to hide to behind her slowing sands and time trap. In league play, you needed to have a good tank that could peel enemies off her if she got into trouble. She wasnt good at taking merc camps because sand blast didnt affect minons or mercs. I loved playing her once I learned these mechanics.

(previous Chromie patch) Blizzard reduced her range but bumped up her HP and gave her better vision. Supposedly, to make her more playable but in reality to make it easier for the other team to take her out.

(newest patch) Now, Blizzard made sand blast able to hit minons (like Liming and Jaina) and made her dragon breath rain down 3 times (like Gul’dan). Thus, she can no longer hit heroes that are laneing with minons or have tank cover. In addition blizzard has Removed talents that made Chromie Chromie. (piercing sands talent allowed you to hit multiple heroes…i.e the back line) You cant do that now that talent is gone and sand blast hits minons. You now have to take Temporal Loop vs Slowing Sands because they have nerfed the slow speed drastically. However, Temperal loop is OP along with her Time traps. Blizzard, Thanks again for killing another unique hero that I played above 50.

(Side note:) Is she still playable, yes. Is she OP, not sure yet. Play style is now a cross between Li-ming, Gul’dan and Jaina.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I think in some ways the new patch ruined the chromie we use to know and love. the ability to drop someone from 100-0 with a perfectly timed combo i believe is about over, again as people play her more with this new update that could change and you could see Chromie dominating from the backline again.

During my ranked play last night in Storm League, i found to not be as “scared” of her anymore and those combos… BUT she now has a quite dominating presence in terms of lane clear. She still has her poke capability and if accurate can definitely run down someone trying to escape.

I’m probably going to attempt playing the new chromie soon but when playing against her now, i have to say that currently I am less worried about being dropped in the blink of an eye if i overstep or get trapped somewhere.

2 Likes

she is absolute trash and I’ve been a chromie player through every iteration. This is by far the worst state she has been in.

2 Likes

She can trap her allies…

if she was as good as blizzard thought she could be with the rework she would be banned each game. not she does not even get banned on towers of doom

1 Like

I agree with the original post. I am very annoyed with the Chromie changes. Now it’s about landing your time traps and hoping you don’t hit allies. I’ll have to relearn her with these new mechanics. I hate that her main ability now hits minions.