The changes in roles and quick match queue times

I used to play quick match for fun quick matches. Now my queue times have doubled. Probably just going to uninstall hots

10 Likes

Longer que’s but more balanced teams.

I prefer it this way over the previous way thank you

And I think a lot of people can agree that 1 tank/1 healer at least is better then a 5 v 5 assassin match.

23 Likes

It’s quick match. I want a quick match not wait 5 minutes for a balanced team. If that is what I wanted I’ll just do ranked.

12 Likes

Play a tank, watch the queue times plummet.

Everyone’s simply only playing assassins.

I’d rather wait 2 minutes for a good match than wait 30 seconds for 5v5 assassin hot garbage and play that out for 20 minutes.

6 Likes

Uninstalling cuz of long queue times?

Hmm, nothing new.

In my experience so far the queues take ages, have had over 10 minute queues which i eventually just quit and the games are just as unfair as before. The extremely awful comps are gone, but the massive player skill gap is still there. Overall not an improvement and i want the old QM back!

9 Likes

Sometimes I wish I had an assassin instead of our tank! People play tank because of the bonus xp, but it helps you nothing when you have a tank who is on the solo lane all game, solos camps, goes to 1v5, doesn’t join to the objective, if he somehow joins you he is in your back line. They have absolutely no idea where to be and what to do.
Tanking is hard, and forcing this role to careless potatoes hurts the game quality.

7 Likes

Tanking is hard, forcing this role on careless potatoes makes them understand what to do for the poor bastards that tanked for them up until now.

6 Likes

They are careless potatoes for reasons. They can’t and won’t learn on their own. When you try to help them they throw hissy fit and feed/afk on purpose to ruin your game even more.

7 Likes

And I prefered the old way over the current one. So, who is right now?

Also, what stopped you from playing UD to get your balanced teams?

I think Blizzard should have made the changes a choice. YOu want a guaranteed tank and healer? Tick that checkbox. You want the Wild West QM? Keep the box unchecked. It would have been a win:win

6 Likes

So you would want those careless potatos responsible for killing the enemy team or do you want them to be responsible for being a diversionary meatwall while you do?

At least they try to deal damage as assassins. As tanks they do absolutely nothing that a tank should do.

So it’s better for them to never learn and understand the game better and be rewarded for it with the system we have now and for them to stick to playing assassins so that warrior mains that spoonfeed them kills will be blueballed for playing well but a potato was looking elsewhere at the time?

Sounds like a raw deal to me.

Its not that hard. Its just dumb people find it hard. Its why Q times in MMO’s for tanks are stupid fast.

1 Like

If you don,t care about teams making sense. You can always play vs A.I.

2 Likes

Hots tanks are not the same from other …moba…tanks.

???

Alright, explain why it isn’t hard and why people don’t play more tanks then even though they’re part of a balanced composition.

Definitely want them to dps.
Even a monkey may do a rotation on someone if i did a good cc/engage once in a while.
A potato will hardly do a good engage, especially if his tank counterpart is much more experienced.

2 Likes

Good bye then.

It was people like YOU that hurt this game the most since it was because of YOU that the initial Matchmaking changes were made for faster queues, YOU all killed this game.

6 Likes

That’s pretty easy. People dont play tanks because DAMAGE. People like to do damage and feel like the MVP. Its why DPS classes in almost every game is full of players but supportive classes are not despite them being the teams MVP back bone. Its perspective. Everyone glorifies the Quarterback in football and dont really thing of the linemen that hold the lane for him to pass the ball. Yah get it?

1 Like

People keep saying this, but QM is the most popular game mode. For you it might just be a literal quick match option, but for many it’s the only/main game mode they play. People don’t play it because it’s quick, they play it because they can play what they want.

4 Likes