Team League is Terrible

Losing games to diamond Cho’gall players when my entire team is gold. Unfair and unfun.

2 Likes

Change “Team League” for “Hoeroes of the Storm”, and that would be more accurate imo.

2 Likes

Team League is absolutely terrible… It’s a shame cause I love the game and want to play competitive with my best friend but we had to quit due to the unfair team they usually give to us! Can’t carry three other players when they have no idea how to play the game. I’m praying the new MMR system and whatever else will fix this game… If it doesn’t… it’s going to be dead for sure.

Team League really is a pain in the a**…
I started as Platin 5 which I was quite proud of but after that it only went down, because I’m being matched with players , who can’t play their characters at all, resulting in many deaths.

Had a Valeera that had 10 deaths and 1 kill that blamed me (who played taunt varian) for doing nothing, although half the kills came due to my taunt.

We lost 6 matches in a row, because of randoms who simply can’t play properly. I hope the new matchmaking system will change that, otherwise I will stop playing competitive for good…

Lol 6 matches. I had 14 matches lose-streak in TL few days ago. It is broken for sure.

2 Likes

Apparently you got initially placed too high, couldn’t handle it, got adjusted to where you belong, but don’t want to accept it and got too attached to the unearned rank.
Newsflash for you: pretty much all players below high master have some major flaws and/or have really bad games occasionally. Pointing out those flaws will not help you get better, you need to point at your own flaws (well first, you need to learn to notice them) and work on either improving them or working around them. If you can’t raise your rank beyond gold for 200+ games, that is very clear indicator you are not better than gold (that also does not mean that fixing 1-2 flaws, which could take 5 minutes of your time, couldn’t get you to platinum, but that won’t happen until you actually do that and then play another 200 games to see the result of your improvement).

Problem is, this is actually difficult to gauge even if a player were to have 200 games. TL and HL is an awful mess. it’s filled with trolls, ppl who lack knowledge of the game, one-tricks, ppl coming directly from QM, ppl who landed too high after promotions, boosted players, and smurfs. With this list being so large, it’s a complete clown fiesta and is very difficult to gauge anybody skills accurately. I would argue it’s actually impossible, even with 100+ games. All the the information would tell you is either you’re A: Exceptionally good or option B: Lucky.

Often times, it’s easier to actually Smurf to get a higher rank and keep that rank than it is too climb in rank, which is why a lot of ppl in general will resort to smurfing.

sry to hear that, I just stomped a cho gal using superior tactics and teamwork, as thrall, using my root and earthquake to allow our ming to land burst damage, while poking him with lightning. I had 12 kills 3 deaths.

TL allows you to choose who you play with, try choosing your teammates or stop playing.

Even if I would work on my flaws, what good is it if we always have one member that always has bad positioning, getting cached by the enemy team and dies alone. That way we can’t fight 4v5 for the next objective again. Sadly there is little I can do to change such a situation. HOTS depends on teamfights and requires a whole team (in like 90%) for a teamfight.

I won 8 out of 10 matches for my platin rank just playing solo and having random who really understood what they were playing. Yet one troll is enough to ruin EVERYTHING.

Yup they need to match players better. if golds are with diamonds, they should be matched if they are diamond players.

It is called smurfing, which is mainly done for better queue times or to boost someone’s ranks… and sometimes it is actually people playing with lower skilled friends…

At any rate, Blizzard’s latest PTR patch is forcing more masters+ players to smurf, which means you will see a lot more masters in “gold” or “platinum” and have more stomps… So yeah, great thinking there… ruin game for both masters+ and those in every division under

Yup just making the game worse and worse.