Talents that benefits from dying

I was thinking a while and since we have heroes with “loan” talents which become weaker every time hero dies, I think we should also have heroes that got stronger after dying. My personal idea was looking at diablo 2 and add unique monster - Lister the Tormentor as playable character - my idea for character is that if every enemy hero have kill/assist for killing him (hence no suicides on towers) he would get stronger (stacking 3 times - which is nudge towards difficulty levels in Diablo 2 - normal/nightmare/hell/hell with 8 players).

No, thanks, i’ve already seen too many Leoric feeders.

To benefit with character all enemies would need to have kill assist so you won’t be doing tower rush like Leoric used to :slight_smile:

Maybe such a thing could work for murky? I’d be very hesitant to give someone stacks for something each time they died tho.

1 Like

At most, I can see benefits associated with respawns if not somehow switching perks based on the death.

The problem with death talents is they’re tailored for the worst outcome.

A common thought with these type of mechanics is why not take something which will help prevent you from dying in the first place?

It’s a neat idea though. Maybe if it had some sort of cooldown or checkpoint. Like, you can only benefit once at each of the following level brackets: 1-5, 6-11, 12-16,17-20