Sylv dagger quest

I think this stacks too high for what it does. It reminds me of chain lightning with how insane the damage gets, please place a cap on this.

1 Like

Damage is low and u need stack very high times. No need nerfs.

14 Likes

I see plenty of sylvs stacking it well above 80% bonus damage

Dagger deals 174 base damage, so if a player can get 100% bonus (200 stacks), it would just increase the damage by 174.

But getting 200 stacks is really unrealistic. Players usually get around 70-100 stacks, sometimes 120; and that is a nice extra damage that doesn’t make it OP.

Really don’t know how Sylv players are getting 160+ stacks in your games, cause it’s really easy to predict when she is going to throw W and just walk away a bit.

14 Likes

Only 80% Hailfail? Pfft.

80% is nothing. Keep in mind that JUST using it on a target grants 5 stacks. 80%, is that Sylv even playing?

As an additional note, keep in mind that it deals low damage - If you are having trouble with Sylv at ONLY 80% bonus damage… Well, it’s 100% you. Good sylvs hit 150% bonus damage or more, and they STILL don’t carry games.

1 Like

Festering Wounds (Lvl 7 talent) all but guarantees 25 stacks every 11 seconds. An average game lasts, what, 20 minutes, and lvl 7 is generally up at the 6 minute mark. Even assuming only 20% of that time is team fighting, that’s STILL 380 stacks.

It’s a question of what you want - Safer play with more applications of E, or E’s that take out 30% of the enemy team’s health.

1 Like

5 Likes

I’ve been playing a bunch of Sylvanas lately and it’s siimply not worth it, even if you can stack it. I have had it stacked to 160~~ in games.

You can stack it pretty well if you combine it with level 7 talents; the haunting wave that instantly applies 3 stacks of Banshee’s curse. At times you can throw a haunting wave into a bunch of enemy heroes, spreading a W to all of them, watching the ! ding’s from 4-5 heroes. The other level 7 talent, reducing CD of W when AA’ing 3-stacked heroes, can allow for some serious stacking if you are allowed to just stand and wail on a tank or so. That doesn’t happen often though. Combining it with the level 13 talent giving additional AA range and making attacks on 3-stacked heroes shoot out a Q that also applies trait to nearby targets can allow for more stacking.

But my personal experience is that Might of the Banshee Queen is way superior, particularly in early game. I can’t count how many 1v1’s I’ve won against Zeratuls and others because they completely underestimate the damage Sylv will do when she has a 25% attack speed and spellpower buff.

The other inherent problem of the stacking quest is that it’s a lategame talent. It brings nothing to the table in the early parts of the game. And as people have mentioned, it’s pretty easy to avoid if you know she’s aiming for it.

1 Like

What kind of potatoes (or AI) are you playing against that let you stack over 100 stacks lmao

1 Like

It’s not hard. It’s more of a “melt everything but be squishy” build so its better against fatter teams without dive. But with the E talent at 7 you can E their team, dagger someone, auto them, then get 6 stacks for each hero

And again, what kind of team lets you do that :woman_shrugging:

If I know she has both quest and E talents, I know what to expect from her and she will never do that. It’s just that easy. If she tries to do that from far back, just walk away for a while. If she tries to do that agressively, just kill her. Pretty simple :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You also lose your escape in the process, means any diver can really put some pressure on you while you trying to put some damage out.

2 Likes

Did you read a single word I just wrote. I specifically said you don’t pick it against dive heavy teams

1 Like

Another thing, if she is stacking that high, it’s because your team is really close to each other all the time, and that is just the kaelthas problem all over again.

“Kaelthas is OP, omg nerf” - People in lower ranks who stay together spreading the bomb all the time.

Gez, just spread a little bit when she tries to stack and her W won’t get on secondary heroes.

2 Likes

Stacking mechanic is healthy for the game, more heroes needs it.

2 Likes

You’ve been posting alot of nerf threads for heroes that a Valeera/Nova main like yourself should have no trouble dealing with.

C’mon Hailfail, you can do better than that.

5 Likes

Not on most maps where at that early game stage people are still solo laning and such. Additionally landing on all 5 players is very hard. On top of that you will then need to proc a spread which is not something players will just let you do. Generally I find Lost Soul better since it gives her far better single target performance and with strong enough front line she can really spam daggers.

120 stacks is about the right amount she gets in a practical game. Possibly less if her team is at a disadvantage or the enemy team has very strong anti-midline. 380 stacks would only happen with optimal team against an entire team of literal sandbags who do nothing but let her stack.

That is her better single target talent. The daggers one is better if your team lacks area damage since with some stacks and the armor reduction at 13 it is 400-500 damage to everyone in a good area and potentially has low cooldown (again another reason the CDR talent is good for it). The damage from the daggers is also fantastic at wave clear, especially with the level 4 upgrade which basically means any enemy hero standing in a wave will have the entire wave around him die no matter how big it is.

1 Like

No, he can’t. Sadly.

6 Likes

Sylv puts herself in quite a bit of danger to get her stacks in early levels. She gives up her escape at level 7 to aid in gaining those stacks. If you know what you’re doing, you just kill Sylv because she can’t escape.

I think the highest I have gotten with her so far is around 380 stacks, and I did melt the enemy team in a team fight, but that is because they were grouped together and allowed me to apply my haunting wave/festering wounds and then the dagger. It’s the same concept as playing against a KT. Don’t group together and she can’t gain her stacks very quickly.

The dagger build does not need a nerf, period.

1 Like

Might of the Banshee still gives AoE damage though since it gives 25% spellpower which will applied to Daggers, haunting wave and wailing arrow. Combining it with Haunting wave 7 and 13 talents can make you dish out great AoE damage while allowing you to zip around the battlefield, getting to their backline and suddenly dropping a silence arrow in their face.

Another problem with the quest talent is that if you pick that talent, then you sort of have to constantly be trying to fight the enemy to stack. Which means that doing mercs and clearing lanes takes away potential stacking. Which is things a sylvanas should be doing.

Don’t get me wrong. Lost souls can be strong if we’re talkiing about a game where both sides are very tanky and you can be allowed to just stand and wail at them, but it rarely works out like that. It certainly makes sense to go for it on 2 lane maps with plenty of teamfighting.

When I play Lost Souls talent with the stacking quest, I do mediocre damage to good damage but it’s mostly on their tank.

When I take Might of the Banshee with E spec, I do tremendous damage and I can get into their backline to target their squishies and their healer and get a surprise silence into them.