Sudden & Persistent FPS drop

So I normally run HotS @ 100+ FPS, and recently as suddenly as in between two games my FPS dropped to 30 and below and will not rise above 30 no matter what I try. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated my graphics drivers, made sure nothing was taxing my CPU, lowered the graphics to minimum settings, and no matter what it still runs at 30 and below and is very choppy. Please help!

paste your DXDiag information here.
highlight all of it and press </>

Adding onto what Morogoth requested, mixy86! Try checking the power options and resetting the video drivers, then the in-game options. Lastly, check that the Windows DVR is disabled.

If it continues, let’s grab the DxDiag requested and if possible a screenshot of an HWMonitor after running the game. If the processor is not running at the proper clock speed or overheating and throttling the performance of the computer, it can cause the framerates to get stuck or limited to 30FPS

A lot of Windows 10 systems are now updating to the October 2018 update sinc Microsoft has fixed the issues with it. This is an on going process, so I know of many people who have been updated recently but my Windows 10 machine is still running the older version and has yet to update.

What can happen is that Windows 10 decides it is time to update while one is playing and as a result performance is significantly impacted. If this is the cause then it should only last for a few hours until the behind scenes update procedure is complete. This would explain the problem if it suddenly gets better and does not reoccur.

1 Like