Sudden FPS Drop

Have been playing hots for awhile on my 2019 Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen, usually on medium settings.

All of a sudden when the latest patch came out, the game lags immediately on startup and is unplayable. I was playing without issue a week ago, no changes to my setup. I’m getting 6-8fps in the menus. If I logout while in the Heros game, my FPS goes back to normal, so its only after logging in.

When playing my computer memory is showing 85-90% usage, however I’m not sure if this is different from when things were working as I have no reference point. When the game is closed its at 65%.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both hots and battle.net, same issue. My internet is not the issue. I’ve tried a number of solutions (updating drivers, clearing firewall inputs, closing battle.net client, disabling onedrive, disabling gamer mode), my computer and drivers are up to date, and I experience no other system issues.

I’m far from a computer expert, however I’m not sure what else this could be, my last idea is to clean my laptop for dust, however this fps drop even happen immediately on launch with a cold computer.

Wondering if this is something anyone else has experienced, or if there are suggestions?

MSInfo

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.85 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.37 GB
Total Virtual Memory 28.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 20.1 GB
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_20KH_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Hey there,

Let’s go ahead and have you post a ‘DxDiag’ so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

It was Citrix that was the issue, something up with the most recent update.

I just uninstalled and went with the previous version, restarted my computer, and no longer had issues. The link is below for the previous Citrix Workspace version. Version 2109 was the issue.

https:// w w w .citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/legacy-workspace-app-for-windows/workspace-app-for-windows-2108.html#ctx-dl-eula

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.