"sorry i am not helping because i'm drunk"

is playing while being drunk and at the same time not helping the team and feeding on purpose acceptable? can i do it too?

My best friend did that one time and I told him next time we can play when you’re fresh not drunk. The answer is no because it’s not only you. However you can do that when team up vs AI. They won’t complain that much

7 Likes

No, it’s not ok. Report them and move on. If you do it too and we know, we will report you and move on.

Edit:

You can drink alcohol, be asleep, eat food, watch a video, be drunk, pick your nose, do drugs, and a whole mess of other things. But if you’re feeding, trolling, griefing during a match, then you get a report.

12 Likes

fine in QM and VS. AI, and probably fine in ARAM, not ok in any other mode

Did it make you upset? Then no, probably not.

2 Likes

of course its not fine.

1 Like

You can report for feeding and non participation, so you answered your own question, it’s not acceptable.

2 Likes

Chalk it up to those 15-20 year olds thinking it’s “cool” to be “stoned and drunk”.

They always bragged about it online as long as the internet existed. :stuck_out_tongue: It will pass with age.

1 Like

We have all had to play with “that guy”.

2 Likes

Screenshot or didn’t happened. But to answer question it’s not and I would just report him for non-participation, if that’s true.

I wouldn’t be sure about that, because feeding for being bad isn’t feeding intentionally.

Not at all. Sure QM/ARAM are funmodes and shouldn’t be taken too serious, but it’s not ok, if someone don’t play with the team, because he’s drunk. A team is essential in a team game, should be obvious, isn’t it? Only A.I with/against bots is fine in this case.

1 Like

I play drunk all rhe time. Question is what league?

Ai-qm: yes they can play drunk. If you report youre a problem

Ranked: how bad are they playing outside their rank? If they’re feeding and youd reprit them anywayd then go for it.

As long you’re able to play in team and don’t ruin the fun for others it’s fine indeed, but in the case of OP, if this case is true it wasn’t ok to play QM while drunked.

One of the reason why the reportsystem is flawed, because people just report for not reportable reason like “Feeding for being bad”. #feelsbadman

1 Like

Well this would be reporting as “feeding for being drunk.” While you could argue it’s not intentional, I’d say it is as you made the choice to play HOTS while mentally impaired and apparently the drunk player wasn’t discreet about it and told everybody in his game.

It’s splitting hairs, as the OP said this drunk this person refused to participate, so as I said to the OP just report for AFK.

2 Likes

If you play drunk to the point were it impedes you you get a report and it´s entirely on you that you got one and maybe have your account sanctioned. The only exception is vs AI with only AI members on both sides.

2 Likes

Exactly and that’s what I certainly do, because this system is already flawed and can be abused, we don’t need another hidden reasons to legitimate the use of the system, not in the current state.

Exactly my thoughts. This case is pretty clear, if it’s not a lie.

@rcw Indeed, because we have to consider that even QM or ARAM you’re still in a team with 4 other randoms and if you break one of the given rules for an acceptable match, you deserve a report. But to be fair I am not strictly against playing drunked, if the player is still able to play in team and do his part, but if he’s not then he is acting against the rules.

Just compare it to Bowling. Would you join a random bowling game or other team sport games, when you’re drunked and play with randoms?

2 Likes

I’m not really sure about that interpretation.

I’m wonder if he drunk guy meant, “sorry I am not helping because I’m drunk” as a REFUSAL to help OR ACKNOWLEDGING that they’re a burden on the team due to their inebriation.

I can empathize with the latter, I’ve been that guy before. Usually, when I play and drink, I do really well and then I suddenly get hit with the drunkenness in a match so I have to play that one out. I usually recognize that I can no longer focus on simple things anymore but I have to stay and finish. However, once I finish, I log off for the night.

2 Likes

Edit: Yeah, we lost. In that case, I didn’t report, as she wasn’t exactly feeding. If she had been, I might very well have reported her. Deliberately playing in a way that handicaps your team isn’t cool in any PvP game.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what that username is, but I’ve encountered a Nova saying exactly the same. That’s really quite uncanny.

That’s fair and I have no idea really. The OP said “not helping the team and feeding on purpose”, so I just responded to that as we don’t have a replay.

If it was still the golden age of HOTS, they might have added a report option for “Player Wasted.”

1 Like

My hypothesis is that you have to be drunk to believe that picking Nova is a good idea. :wink:

2 Likes

That made me laugh out loud, thank you! I rather enjoy that you have the mature language filter on. Swear words really don’t bother me, but I leave the filter on as it looks more amusing than anything they probably typed.