Soooo has anyone run into the "anti-smurf" bots yet?

TWICE today, twice I’ve been grouped with someone on my team that was an actual bot that announces itself as an “anti-smurf” measure. They dive enemy towers, they dive enemy teams 1v5, they’re put in the game to ruin matches for…whatever reason I guess? Both times they picked tanks and our ETC just ran into the enemy base on Towers of Doom map to be gunned down, 11x.
What’s really REALLY dumb is that in both games, the enemy team was super coordinated and quite smurfy. So basically our bot is there to enable the smurfs to win even harder.

https://imgur.com/xrZc3Pk
WTF Blizz? This community was already in the toilet, now this?

1 Like

Someone posted that before, it’s not a bot, it’s a salty troll ctrl+V pasting a message and feeding.

Lots of reports should get his account banned within days. If he does that in ranked, even easier as he can be silenced with Abusive Chat reports and he can’t participate in SL.

To get him removed from SL fast I would use Abusive Chat on him as those reports are automated. Need 20-30 unique reports to get him out of SL.

If he does that in QM it sadly wont help as he can still feed while silenced. Would need to use the ‘intentional feeding’ report instead so he gets suspended and can’t log into that account.

6 Likes

These are brand new accounts, and they were 2 different accounts. I assume there are more.

idk how to tell if it was a bot per se, but the behavior was identical: run toward enemy team or tower, auto attack until dead, repeat.

trolls and kids have done this in video games since the dawn of time while also hurling insults at teammates

if they have no life and are stuck at home due to covid they can do it 10+ hours a day just to ruin matches

just sad trolls

4 Likes

i mean, they’re sad trolls no argument there. but they inundate chat with multiple messages, not just a simple cut n paste. I don’;t know that it actually matters whether or not they’re bots though? seems like an odd thing to concentrate on when there’s an actual problem here.

And what would you have Blizzard do? Have Blizzard hire people to sit and observe random games in hopes that there’s a troll feeder they can ban?

It’s a problem and there already is a solution – report them.

It’s not a flawless solution as they still ruin games until their eventual ban.

It really blows and sucks when it happens, but there’s not much else that can be done. It’s impossible to stop trolls from trolling entirely.

Just like how you can’t really stop a crime before it happens.

That copy paste of that troll is some of the stupidest nonsense I’ve ever seen.

It seems that the trolls intention is more to discredit and give this windstrider discord server a bad name.

I don’t know the server or the people on it, but I can assure you that if you went on it and asked if they are behind this bot, they would deny having anything to do with it.

2 Likes

I dont get the point of that sorta thing. If its built to lose every game it plays, the only games its gonna “cleanse” are the games at the absolute lowest mmr.

1 Like

I’ve seen these people before and perhaps they don’t deserve the dignity of being acknowledged as a person, but they are human and not a bot.

All games have trolls, a game that is F2P and you can make multiple smurf accounts attracts these kind of people. There was an infamous troll on the ANZ server who would pay real money for master accounts and run them from master to bronze with a 5% winrate and then repeat the process.

They did this for at least five years. Some people are just, well, crazy and can let that side out on the internet as they can remain anonymous.

Well smurfs start out at the lowest MMR, so I gather the idea is to target smurfs when they are beginning their accounts. It won’t work of course and simply punishes new players and low skilled players.

I have my doubts that someone doing this is really doing so for any “cause”, but more so because they enjoy the troll.

2 Likes

So I decided to try the server link on an alt discord account and its just a legit hots fan server like any other. Whoever’s doing this, I don’t think its the server but some third party.

1 Like

Hello, this is an admin from Wind Striders (as was mentioned in the image), I want to put things in light:

• The server that is linked does not commit botting, this is an educational server and has been like this for 2.5 years.
  • The person mentioned being the “creator” is not, the bots are targeting individuals in the server by naming themselves as them, mainly moderators and mainly the person who’s discord tag is mentioned, this is targeted harassment.

On Wind Striders we had to make a PSA please read as follows:

I am sorry that you have to deal with this, we wish we could do more than this but it all comes to blizzard doing their job, please report any bot you encounter and hopefully they do something. :confounded:

For clarity, MindHawk is a frequent Grand Master player on the EU ladder and part of a team called Inting for Ruby, these bots are defamation and harassing him, please do not be fooled by the “made by [user]” message that is slapped.

8 Likes
4 Likes

If this is true, then this is despicable behaviour.

3 Likes

I would go on and die on a hill saying that it is true.

4 Likes

I had hoped that discords would eliminate most of the random bad actors as those joining would want to create a community everyone feels positive to be part of.

I do believe you of course, I have never seen you display any sort of negative behavior on these forums.

4 Likes

Well lets hope something is done about it. Cant imagine how this game would be if all your games would be filled with feeders of those kind.

1 Like

Why should anything be done in the first place to bring balance to a game that was puposefully designed to be imbalanced and to promote smurfing?

That troll just mass flagged the topic you replied to me on 5 minutes ago so I can’t see your reply, I just got the “system flagged your message as inappropriate”. Entire topic seems to be gone?

It was that guy who got arrested for making threats in chat (who knows if its this same person, lol)

Ah nevermind, entire topic isn’t gone he just mass flagged the last 5 posts or so. Frogsarons post gone too.

1 Like

I believe because they were kinda off topic? I am not sure, Also I didn’t receive any flags on my notifs.

You mean the post I made about you could link your post in </> format. LOL GG.

But what your post goes for I think it was an admin who flagged you and not the community.

I had a post flagged by the admin one day and got 1 day silence.

I saw your post on Reddit and I feel for your situation. It really boggles the mind though. Like, who does anyone know who even has enough free time to create a bot, make spam macros, create multiple accounts and sit in games for hours at a time just to smear someone that told them “no” once haha. That is some 3rd degree butthurt right there.

I barely have enough time for a couple casual arams now and then.

2 Likes