So this probius hero

One other issue is that if your team mate’s position is not optimal, or if the fight just moves, you are forced to be outside your Pylon range until you get your cool down back, and can get another one.

His kit is not the most practical.

That’s on top of the fact that missing your Q is SUPER punishing.

In the end he’s just not a hero for me with all of his limitations.
BTW
We need to play some games again, it’s been far too long

Probius not requiring the Pylons is a big no-no.
Probius btw is a powerhouse, just super hard to play due to his hp and set up/delay.

He either needs nothing or a complete rework. Ducktaping his “issues” would just break him more.

2 Likes

There are too much issues. Some of them needs to be fixed to make him more “playable”.

Making his Z impossible to cancel for first second would be a good start. Adding additional charge of D would be great too.

1 Like

With that part, I can agree on I guess. But a lot heavier stuff were mentioned here which would just remove the purpose of Pylons or make him op.

This is also a suggestion I might support.

Sidenote: I saw this:

Iirc you didn’t play when Probius was released, but the Pylons got nerfed multiple times to make Probe fine.

I have mixed feelings for a rework.

Sure, I should be playing tonight :slight_smile:

But don’t beat yourself up, Probius isn’t a hero for most players. That’s why you rarely see him/her/it. I don’t do too well as Probius myself. (Unless the enemy ignores me in their lane, then I just wreck everything)

2 Likes

I’ll message you when I get on, chances are I should be on as the missus has bachelor in paradise tonight :wink:
Either way don’t wait up just in case

It doesn’t make my point invalid that Pylons need changes/buffs.
Plus hots was way different in the past.

In a way, yes, HotS is a lot different now, but I personally think the Pylons are good hp/shield-wise. As I said, I’m not against the Charges for example.

1 Like

Is Probius fun?

I’ve always wanted to test him out.

Fun can only be determine by yourself.

Give him a shot and see how it feels

Currently for me I don’t enjoy him, but don’t let my opinion in any way interfere with you making up your own personal conclusion.

3 Likes

Hes uuuh, a bit of an acquired taste. Once you get going, its fun to oneshot people with basic abilities but its all but guaranteed that your first few games are gonna be a train wreck.

If you like going to the Dentist, yes.

He happens to be F2P right now.

1 Like

i saw some players using the returning q to explode rifts which is seems surprisingly good because enemy team tends to get caught off guard t least at my mmr ppl just dont expect that. ofc this make it also a bit harder to play the probe because positioning becomes even mroe important

Cough Zagara. (Still waiting for that rework dev team :wink:)

I’d love for him to have increased max pylons as the game goes on. So a level-gated mechanic like Stitches and Muradin. And maybe normal if not slightly lower mana scaling so in the late game he becomes really scary and doesn’t depend on his pylons as much.

1 Like

But this is you. You like playing the underdog protos

My Prottos was immortal, could shield anything, waveclear 75% things, supports things (baseline or talented), could Wall anyone.

1 Like

Its worth to note that for telegraphed damage, the damage values are significant enough to grant extra benefits.

Late game, 3 rifts are enough to take out a lot of heroes in 1 combo. At level 20 a single untalented rift already does 692 damage, which with that level 1 talent would already be 792x3=2376 damage.

Add the extra talents to that, and pyroblast is actualy a joke in damage compared to 1 of these combos. Im not sure, but i even suspect that probius has the highest burst damage in this game that isnt %DPS (a silver bullet to a 7k hp hero) or relying on very specific conditions (being on low health and the enemy being on high health with for example malganis).
And that with just 2 basic abilities.

Thats a massive zoning potential, especialy near objectives. You dont need to stack all 3 together. Place a wall of 2 near a bush, and players are already suspicious about the 3rd. (as 2 hits are still significant damage). That 3rd one can be even in a trap location inside a bush.

To me probius only has a few issues:

• Z can be interupted
  • Mana management relies on pylons, but pylons arent quickly moved forward, making it a hindrance during a push. Which is an anoying learning curve.
  • Probius just like nova dont have the appearance of a mage, causing players to not think like one when playing it.
1 Like

I can’t imagine this is something that happens often.

I’m not sure we can use the word already, when talking about lvl 20 lol. And you’re talking about the talent that requires you to hit with explosions 16 times?

1 Like