So Sick of Toxic Players

Okay HoTS players time to get your daggers out…

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of toxic players flooding this game. Especially in QM. If the “perfect” comp doesn’t come up for one side, the complaining and “oh, it’s over, let them win” attitude comes out at Level 1 and doesn’t stop until the match is lost and the “I told you so” comes up.

Then there are players who fall into the “you s u c k” category criticizing anyone who doesn’t play a character the “perfect” way. Especially if the player says right at the start of match, “I’m new…please forgive me”.

But my all time favorite is the Blizzard happiness poll at the end of matches…

“How effective do you find the Reporting tool”… Seriously!!! I can’t even vote low enough for that one. /sigh (not exact but you get the idea)

Time for Blizzard to use the ban hammer BIG time in this game.

2 Likes

The toxicity is a symptom of an unhealthy game

Party because there’s not enough people playing
Partly because without enough people to play, it leads to smurfing
Partly because smurfing leads to displacing players from their leagues
Partly because f2p typically attracts specific demographs which are more likely to be toxic when things don’t go their way

People are frustrated - and rightfully so. The match making in this game is causing a lot of issues and needs to be corrected. How they’re going to accomplish this with a small player base is beyond me though…but eventually, they’ll be left with an even smaller player population which is going to make every problem HotS has so, so much worse.

9 Likes

Uninstall, play Angry Birds and do everyone else a favor. People like you are the reason why all the good players left the game and Blizzard has built a game around an oversized reporting system.

2 Likes

You will probably get obliterated for this take by forum mains, but I want you to know that I fully agree with this snowflake unfriendly comment.

1 Like

I’ve experienced horrible players as well but what I can only say to help you is, if it really gets bad enough that you can’t focus on playing anymore, there’s apparently a way to mute the team chat entirely. That way at least you wont have to get interrupted constantly, if you’re really encountering that many horrible teammates. But best of luck to you.

1 Like

like grubby once said: if you play solo Q you must be like a monk. Stoic. Relentless. Quiet. I try to be like that.

But I favour my positive attitude much more =D many games I won, I probably won because I was really happy <3

Also if you experience a lot of stress while playing and anger. Maybe take a break. Be kind to yourself. Let your soul rest =)

5 Likes

If you’re tilted, raging out, losing games nonstop and sick of the toxic crap, the best thing you can do is power through it. Keep playing. Immediately re-queue into another game. Keep fighting. Eventually you’ll get a good team and you’ll get a win. Keep playing until you get that win, even if you have to stay up till 5AM and you have work the next day. :expressionless:

Just becasue you only visit the Hots forum once every 6 months does not mean you can sit comfortly on your chair and call every regualr forum members for forum mains. If everyone here just agreed on what eveyone says that just deletes the purpose of a forum. You dont see politicians in your country acting like a mind less sheep that agrees on everything the other side says.

If you inteed to have a discussion here do it maturely insteed of insulting other people lol.

4 Likes

Potatoes are worse than toxis players…

5 Likes

I personally don’t see much difference between “this game” and any other game, or really “real life”. There’s a lot of “toxicity” all around, and while games try to be a disconnect (or escape) from all that, the unfortunate thing is all that stuff influences how people act in other games.

Some convince themselves they only vent if they act out, or take it to be “there turn” cuz they’re sick of others doing it to them, but I generally don’t see this as a symptom specific to this game (or genre at that) and see it as a growing consequence of the problems of life around us.

The means by which people act and consume media are trained things and more and more products try to push more consumerisms out of people and replace it with a bigger addiction to instant gratification.

People stop learning to have a bit more patience, a cautious eye, an understanding that there are different perspectives and they just see a single outlet, and make ultimatums if they don’t get that; it’s a spoiled brat mentality and the increasing isolation social media enables, the less people have to learn to not do that, and instead just keep looking for reinforcement of their bad and self-centered habits.

I’ve been sick if it for years and it hasn’t gotten any better. While I’m not a very social creature at all, the hard oart is that “evil” only triumphs when “good” [people] do nothing so I try to shift some game moods by attempting jokes, puns, quotes and encouragement to keep on keeping on.

I think I see a better impact than not from it, but I also get tired of doing it and can’t keep up as well as I used to do so; my “real life” is worse, and it is that much harder to try to be funny, courteous, instructive, here, in game, or elsewhere.

Part of the issue of biology (life) is that there’s an imbalance of voracious creatures compared to producers or decomposers. And the accumulating “waste” is just dragging everything else down.

I’d still say some optimism, comedy, and other positive outlets are needed (and better than just ‘muting’ chat) but it seems like more players have an underdeveloped scene of self-engagment, awareness and delayed gratification to do anything else but stifle others.

Functionally, it’s be nice if transitions for better real life circumstances improve i -game ones, but part of the issue of the increases breadth that video games get today (compared to years ago) it is increases the accessibility to a lower common denominator, and the lowest are these crabs trapped in a bucket that’s rather drag everyone else down instead of receiving a hand to help
them out.

4 Likes

League has a ton of people playing that game and they still suffer from the problem…

The problem lies with the lact of dealing with people being rude.

Also the forum has been out for years. This new one around two and a half years. So let’s say you made 6 posts a day on avg. On coffee breaks, at work or school when nothing better is to be done, during loading screens and queues in HotS.

That’s roughly 4700 in total.

Why is that a bad thing?

Would it be better to just mindlessly watch dumb cat videos while games load instead of discussing here? (Something I am guilty of …

3 Likes

Learn to be more selective with your QM comps… it will lead to better matches.

With LoL, who has a larger player base, the sample size is much, much larger so while it may seem like there’s more toxicity there, I doubt it. HotS is pretty toxic these days.

I’ll tell players if it’s my first few games of the night–it does take me around an hour to warm up and be at my best, ngl

I probably play silver level at first and go to diamond after an hour lol

only toxic players would say/like such a thing :expressionless:

Stop replying to and then “liking” your own comments.

This is people’s nature. Our brain doesn’t like to lose that’s why it reacts in a toxic way. I mean just keep it simple.
Actually I like to read some toxic dialogs they can be very funny.

1 Like

Not potatoes, but ignorant people. I don’t have a problem with newbies, who are willing to get better and do mistakes, but I detest ignorants, who can’t stand critics, because every kind of critism get them being offended and don’t even have empathy that there are players who takes the competition serious. But instead the game encourage trolls and smurfs, who ruin the fun for serious players.

Edit:

Maybe people should learn to say sorry for the errors in their own plays, not only from their teammates. There is one thing I encountered more often than not, that players who are willing to say “sorry” for bad plays are not toxic than people who do not attend to do it.

1 Like

Very strange. I’d say maybe a month of no practice that’s possible but not in one night to warm up