So, is it HOTS? or all games?

or is it Millennials? or iGen? or whats the deal?

is it just “kids these days”??

or are people in general just so deathly afraid and thin skinned that they have to send a whisper after a game talking crap and then immediately ignore you …?

I mean, really? are people really that miserably pathetic that they can’t even let in a response to their anonymous crap talking?

how scared are they of confrontation that they can’t even let themselves be confronted by some purple text in a video game?

anyway, thats my rant, im going to sleep now, I will field all responses in the AM

Goodnight my pathetic little snowflakes!

4 Likes

Just turn on, you only receive tells from people from your friend list if it bothers you that much. Because very unlikely that is going to change. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They probably do it because they know it’ll anger you more if they prevent you from responding. It appears that it works.

6 Likes

I mean… you were upset enough to post this… so yea

3 Likes

Insulting people and then ignoring their reply in order to anger them even more is a tactic that’s likely been around since before recorded history.

Is it childish and stupid? Yes. Is it a problem with [current generation] specifically? No.

13 Likes

Pretty sure they are just trying to trigger you. Seems like it worked.

1 Like

Alway been like that tbh. At least since brood war anyway

1 Like

People can be petty and spiteful in games or in life, best not to worry about them OP. I think the good people you meet outweigh the kind you described.

4 Likes

It’s called “getting in the last word,” and it makes them feel like they won the argument.

There are plenty of immature people, regardless of their actual age, that play this game. Best to just mute/ignore, and more on.

3 Likes

I suppose it depends on the specific context, but I think they’re just very weak mentally or emotionally.

It’s happened to me so many times in hearthstone I just don’t bother accepting friend requests. I think it makes them madder :joy:

1 Like

Can you whisper to some1 already in your blocklist? It might be as simple as: they reported you = autoblocked and then whispered after. You can’t whisper back, as you’re still in their blocklist.
Just report them back and move on. They’ll get their ban sooner or later if they keep doing that and *** off too many other ppl.

P.S. From my experience, such behavior (whisper to blocked ppl) is very rare. So I guess, you got “lucky” running into one of those.

But the best counterplay to that is report+block anyway. So it really doesn’t matter if you could or couldn’t reply to them XD.

Sounds like you got triggered. The most Millennial thing you can be. You shouldn’t be so afraid of purple text snowflake.

A person is only as big as the thing that bothers them…

For everything else, you just enable the option that you don’t get whispers from people on your friends list.

Now all you have to do is not accept friend requests from people you were arguing with or fighting against.

I’m doing my best and still people think my generation sucks.

Thank you.

I have hope for the future, people begin to loathe feminised soy beans, maybe in 3 or 4 centuries.

its not common I suppose, but it happens every few days, I dont play a ton so maybe once every 20 games or so, and I doubt ive been blocked prior to the whisper

I generally dont say anything in games, I just play, ping for strats, no drama, no reason to block during the game, then get a whisper at the end telling me why I suck, followed by a notice that ive been blocked when I try to respond

here’s another example of that mindset

I engaged with the purple text, so clearly not afraid of it

throwing around the word ‘triggered’ at any sign of objection to a particular behavior says more about you than it does about the person you’re talking about

1 Like

I mean, you came to the forums to whine about it after all was said and done so yeah…

its actually not whining at all

smack (they won’t let me say sh!t :frowning: ) talking … sure

smack talking =/= whining

I feel you, it happens pretty often but I automatically think I won if you had to put me on ignore first