So I came up with an awesome idea for a Zerg hero

Me and my friend came up with this, and I thought it sounded adorable.

So this idea is a small swarm of Zerglings. 5-8 of them, perhaps enhanced by talents. The big one in the middle would be the main one controlled by the Player, the others would follow. I’m thinking he would be Kerrigan’s pet Zergling from SC2 (did he have a name)?

Anyway this would be an assassin, and would work similar to Vikings, and inversely to Zul’jin*. Your abilities would be able to move your swarm to surround or swarm single targets, or scatter to do reduced damage to multiple targets, but the lower your health goes the more zerglings die, and the lower damage you can put out, until eventually you as the leader zergling die as well.

Several abilities could borrow names from the SC Spawning Pool, and could enhance durability, leech on attack, increase speed, etc.

Pardon if this is a little word-vomity, we had the idea and couldn’t let it go, so I had to get it out there.

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen other forum-users call him something like “Tusk”, but IDK if that’s an official name, or a fan-made one :man_shrugging:

I think you meant Zul 'Jin :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I like the idea, seems pretty unique.
Though it would have to be balanced very carefully so it’s not too punishing just to take damage, but at the same time the pack isn’t too powerful when at full strength… Kinda like a Butcher situation (some people think he’s OP, others think meat-colection should be more foregiving).

2 Likes

I knew I was probably messing up his name. Goddang trolls.

1 Like

I would give the big one a helmet like the Mind-control helmet from wow/hearthstone.

2 Likes