So, how's that reporting system working after all?

Perhaps you should care more about this kind of situations, right?

imgur(dot)com/a/YcgWV4x

This is a programmed bot that has been doing this consistently for at least 3 days in a row.

I’ve got this bot 2 games in a day and i’m pretty sure he got 9 reports for each of the games.

But hey! Be toxic and you’ll get silenced in no time, right?

Oh well

That’s not a bot, that’s a salty Discord user CTRL+V:ing (pasting) a message and feeding on purpose.
You would be surprised how many hours a day disturbed individuals will spend on trolling if given the chance.

More people need to report him though besides just saying “report him”. A surprising number of players are too lazy to actually press the button.

He should be banned along with possible other accs.

6 Likes

So someone made an account to counter smurfs by making them lose lol.

Probably just 4. When people win, they usually on’t notice why they won.

It’s not really working because I don’t remember getting an email notification anytime during the last 9 months. So what, are accounts suspended automatically or manually? I don’t even know what they’re doing anymore because every time someone gets punished after a thorough investigation, it ends up being unwarranted.

1 Like

I think its 10 months now since I had my last feed/afk report now. But the last 6 months last year I also got spammed with it where I got at least 1-2 each week until I had collected 25 emails about someone got punished.

I’m still seeing some silenced people so I guess it’s functional.
I suppose the worst repeat offenders have been weeded out, apart from that guy merrily sharing he created ten smurf alts.

Crazy how you are about to win this match anyway.

Sad story. If they really throw, the bot will be rated very low and likely match with players who barely know anything about the reporting system. Less involved people will just log off, with or without getting upset.

The game is free to play so seeing people with multiple smurf accounts are normal.

2 Likes

Oh I SEE

THEY can do THIS bad thing but I can’t do THAT bad thing.

Pfft some system.

How many people are toxic and make it out of a game with fewer reports than they deserve because not enough people bother to report? Hmm.

1 Like

All the classics topics today… Complaints about the report system, someone wants all chat, LoL is better than HOTS, Dota is better than HOTS and Nazeebo’s spiders are apparently broken. The humanity.

3 Likes

Report system complaints are pretty valid; it’s a mess of a system that doesn’t do it’s job well by allowing griefers to run rampant while also enabling false punishments for abusive chat due to a mix of the system being automated and the ToS being (civilly) illegal which enables the GMs to be bad employees.

I agree, but what’s the point? When HOTS was well funded the only major change to the report system they made was to give out bans on receiving three silences. So they made the system more punitive and less forgiving. Now that HOTS is a legacy title I find it doubtful they will put on a staff to human review reports.

You’ve got a point; Activision doesn’t care about HotS anymore. The devs do…but Activision? If it’s not a multi-billion dollar franchise; they’re not interested.

Plus let’s be real here; Blizzard’s MO is creating a good thing and then at the last moment, screwing up so badly it completely ruins the experience. Never mind how there’s a long and storied past of Blizzard GMs in general screwing up really, really badly (Grubby, Luke from LTT and many, many more cases where GMs have objectively failed at their job and had a higher up remedy the situation they bungled - all of which wouldn’t be an issue if the GMs would have a little background in contract law so they understood what they’re doing and what is allowed by law).

1 Like

Generally report for spam or offensive chat. That is the only one that works since people consistently complain about being silenced for whatever reason.

Reporting for afk, feed does absolutelly nothing. Atleast ive never seen any proof of it being a thing. So if they use the chat to say anything, ANTHING. If they write a dot, use the abusive chat report since its an automated system.

ah yes, that thing you’re going to keep repeating and assume some sort of action should have been taken that magically no one is pursuing the fault therein.

1 Like

As long as chat report is used as a general report reason, we cannot say the system works.

1 Like