Small change to Nova

Make her “gain armor after breaking stealth” talent baseline and update ghost protocol so Nova drops into true stealth and gains unrevealable and unstoppable for maybe two seconds (all of which will break if she attacks) - or just long enough for her to reposition.

In league you really need to take her stealth talents, especially if the player chose Nova early in the draft (DON’T DO THIS, PLEASE). Against a competent Muradin or Valla or Genji (or any of the other jumpy, shifty, aoe-y characters) not taking “armor after stealth breaks” is almost suicide. Please, at the very least, make this talent baseline.

1 Like

Are you serious???

6 Likes

The main change I’d like for Nova is for Ghost Protocol to be on her D, not the 1 key.

6 Likes

I’d rather she gets a full rework into a multi-class.

Give her 3 different modes to cycle through;

1. Sniper Rifle

2. Shotgun

3. Sword

And let her swap between modes freely during gameplay, kinda like how Deathwing has 2 forms.

The models already exists in SC2 along with the abilities so 3/4 of the work is already done, just gotta invent some shotgun and sword talents while figuring out which sniper talents to merge, which to make baseline and which to remove completely.

The only major work you’d need here is each distinct skin needs some new models while the recolor skins just need some quick photoshop/blender editing.

2 Likes

That one is a wholesome idea, but why last two should be the shotgun and the sword? I never seen that spin-off to SC2, were Nova using these weapons in it?

1 Like

It should at least remove snares or make her immune to them? Maybe not unstoppable but a lower form for sure.

Yep in the Nova expansion she uses a sword, a shotgun and a sniper rifle. Pretty sure she also gets a plasma rifle but that kinda overlaps with the whole sniper=long range high damage concept.

3 Likes

I definitely agreed on the idea of the whole rework. Sadly, HotS-team doesn’t have good (and money) support from their superiors to allow such voluminous work :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately :frowning: Too bad, HotS had a lot of potential but in essence, they need better management and more developers to make that potential come true.

2 Likes

Oh I wish they would make it so that she can deploy crates around the map and switch out her specialization by visiting them. Kinda like a nod to her Covert Ops missions. She can be an actual saboteur now lol

I think that would be a great concept for another Brawl. It’s sad they removed all of them and left ARAM instead.

But they reworked anduin, valla, jo, stitches and ray

Honestly, rework is when a hero receives new or completely changed abilities. So far i see only Johanna’s R1 and Stiches’ D.

Read what that fella above suggested about Nova. That’s what one might call a big rework.

They might consider it as cross-promo for Starcraft 3, because Activision Blizzard fears the success from ex-worker in Frostgiant Studios. That’s why soon.

As coop commander, nova has the snipe and shotgun modes. And her decoy has the sword mode (and unlike in this game that decoy is VERY tanky).

For hots i think the sword mode would be a hassle to balance, and isnt worth it. But the shotgun mode can definitely aid her if that gives her more reliable waveclear, so snipe can be targeted for PvP and remain this restricted anyway.

We can even keep the mode switching cooldown long (just like the coop commander) to balance these modes. Or have 2 cooldowns to enable her to quickly go back to a certain mode (idealy shotgun mode to promote usage of that).

Shotgun mode is very similar to valla’s W though. But still, pinning shot might for that become replaceable with a dash (gives her an escape. and with a longer cooldown to go back to snipe. after using it nova isnt realy quickly back into the fight at the optimal state anyway).

The thing though, this will change her that much that dedicated nova players will dislike the rework regardless. But then i also suspect that those are the nova players that first pick her anyway.

But just like greymane will become very complex to balance. For that reason alone i just dont see it happen.

1 Like

Gosh, just this would be a nice change.

I like this, too. See Blizzard? Doesn’t have to be drastic, but please, give Nova some love!

1 Like