Slow Login + Error Message

So, for the past few weeks (I think since around the time of the last major update), my logins have been extremely slow – from the time of clicking the Battlenet icon to full loading of the app/launcher is at least 2-3 minutes. In addition, an error message is present when the page first loads. I believe I have gotten more than one, but the most common is BLZBNTBNA00000005 with the headline of “Oops! Blizzard agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up.” I am not sure why that would be. However, if allowed to idle for about 5-10 minutes, the app will reload itself and work fine (trying to play any game, however, still results in a 5-10 minute wait before it loads).
Yes, I have been to the support page for that error (support/en/article/16531) and followed the instructions. None of them did anything to resolve the issue. However, when I last contacted support, I was directed to this page (support/en/article/34721) prompting me to delete the cache folder. Oddly enough, that worked. I restarted my computer immediately after that, and upon first starting the launcher again, it booted right up, and, after asking me to locate my game files, worked like a charm. Even the games loaded quicker than ever that first time. Ever since then, however, has been a nightmare. Not only has the app gone right back to its incredibly slow loading times (in every regard), and the same error messages as before, I also am asked to locate my game files on every launch of the app, as well as restart the app due to a “new Battlenet update.” I am still able to play all games, and there doesn’t seem to be a noticeable slowdown while in-game (not so much that couldn’t also be due to lag/connection issues). The 30-or-more minute wait, however, is incredibly frustrating. I’ve convinced myself that it’s due to Avast, which, despite being told to act a certain way (ignore certain files during virus scans or whitelist certain apps and programs) seems to have a mind of its own (will still flag and automatically delete those files it deems viruses despite them being perfectly safe, and repeatedly ask permission for/from certain apps or block said apps that were supposed to have been allowed). However, I do not know if I’m right, or how to fix the problem. Please help. Thank you.