Sky Temple sooo tired of it

Now let’s be real real son (dave chappelle reference), anyone else tired of Sky Temple? I mean the only part of it i like is it’s music, sometimes and the announcer… but the map is dull… i would like it if it wasn’t apart of the map rotation in the next season.

1 Like

If you have asked about Garden of Terror, I would say “yes”.
But Sky Temple - no, it’s fine.

3 Likes

I am much more tired of the playerbase that doesn’t know macro, especially on this map.

Why do people always assume we have to get both temples when we are up in structures? Just stop suiciding for the other temple, we win only by getting one.

9 Likes

I want haunted mines back

12 Likes

I have asked that question myself, but in qm and low ranks in SL people dont know better. If you know which fort the laser will target you only need 3-4 on the spot and have 1 solo lane for exp on bot lane. Cause you know next object will be on bot lane then you have merc camps you can take/steal if the enemy dont check it.

3 Likes

I hate Hanamura and Braxxis more.

I like that map a lot. Nice music and atmosphere, reasonable, not too chaotic objective, a boss, general good layout.

1 Like

probably all maps boring already… last map that was added how I remember its alterac pass… and its was a year ago… I’m hoping for new map announcement on blizzcon.

is sky temple the egyptian looking one? (sorry i dont play in english)
its probably my favorite map alongside hanamura and volskaya <3

Yes.

1 Like

I love it. Plenty of chances to come back. We always invaded their bot siege camp and defended it untill it took down the fort
(Had a hammer zarya in my team for bombardment)

2 Likes

I hope I’m not the only one looking forward to the new Sky Temple changes on PTR because the new lighting makes me feel sleepy all the while being super fancy at the same time.

I’m bored of it a bit as well.
But I didn’t see it that often nowadays, so that’s boredom starting to wear off again, so I’m kinda fine with it again.

Yeah… a full objective on this map destroys a tower, but you have to sit and babysit it for a fair amount of time.
You know what else destroys a tower? That hero that was pushing uncontested because the enemy that would have contested them was sitting on objective…

If you know that, sometimes you can trade a fort for a keep instead of a fort for a fort, so you come out ahead by pushing rather than going objective…
Easily the same with Blackheart Bay, but people over value the objectives by far.

2 Likes

I had to go on the ptr to see what you are talking about and yes it does give off sleepy night time vibes. Now I want day and night time maps and you have a chance of getting one or the other and night or day time changes the map a bit. A day time for Towers of Doom and a day time for GoT like how it used to have would be tight!

2 Likes

I liked the day/night cycle on old Garden of Terror, where it affected map vision. I thought that was fun. :stuck_out_tongue:
The objective though… it had potential to not suck, and it failed twice. Then they changed it to be boring instead.

4 Likes

I was going to ask about it. I think I missed those days. I’m speaking about its early days where it was really dark as if it was night dark (with reduced vision radius) and not just collect the seeds dark :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m tired of potatoes, moreover…

Inbefore sky temple rework: every 90 seconds a papyrus spawns in one of the predetermined locations on the map. Collect 3 to summon 3 mummies walking down each lane and lay waste to the eneny structures.

Mummies have the ability to cast cocoon on enemy heroes it encounters, has no cooldown, and can only be stopped by minions.

Personqlly i dislike spider queen just reqlly hate her voice and seem very campy experience overall