Single fort mode [idea]

Disclaimer: I’m well a were that no development resources are being dedicated to the game and that this will never be implemented. It’s highly unlikely for it to have been implemented anyways, but still:
I just had a game where our dain bread Zul’Jin started suiciding after we lost our fort. And this is not the 1-st time such thing has happened. So I thought… what if there’s a separate game mode for such mentally challenged players, where there is no core, no keep - just a single fort for each team. And the game ends as soon as the fort is destroyed.
An algorithm can be deployed that keeps track of when players get their reports for afk/intentionally dying in. And if it’s between loosing the fort and loosing a keep - they will be put in a special queue that will put them in this game mode, where they can only ruin the game for other players like them :slight_smile:
It will be like the ‘silenced’ queue, but for other group of toxic players :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Blizzards algorithms for making money are well thought out. Their algorithms for detecting other things are not as intricate, otherwise your idea makes sense. Surely someone will tell you we already have aram, even though your concept is different. As for the afk/int players…sadly low I.Q. players forget that game outcomes often hinge on late game battles.

There is. Tic Tac Toe.

1 Like

ah… well you see there are some who are too mentally challenged even for that my good fellow.
some are reduced to snakes and ladders

2 Likes

LoL, I love how conspiratorial you are. Blizzard would spend all their time trying to devise a system that can piss people off that would potentially make them quit and not buy anything, but you think such a system is going to make people buy things that don’t even help them win, when Blizzard could just try to make fair matches. It doesn’t even make good financial sense.

I mean how would a matchmaker even know who is going to log on to make sure that a certain 5 team would win? It’s just the amount of logical leaps and paranoia to come to that conclusion is astounding.

I think maybe you posted this on the wrong thread. In those we delve into matchmaking, WR and all that. This one is just about a very specific gametype theorized for certain problematic players.

I guess lack of choice does have advantages sometimes.

I had figured ARAM would be the mode for the antisocial, but the kind of troll player you mention are more likely to do their antisocial nonsense in a mode other players care about. Most are doing this deliberately with the intent to cause maximum annoyance/harm to the other four players on their team, so they probably wouldn’t gravitate to a mode where their harm is minimized.