Since the MVP makes no sense, just let us skip it

I kinda put the ‘ignore MVP screen’ request right next to the ‘change the role names’ category of change requests… It’s really only a problem because you want it to be.

The first thing you learn is that it’s a random grab-bag of what the system comes up with, and I view it more like a lottery than an actual barometer of skill. If the right person gets the prize, yeah, cool… otherwise, oh well, I’ll speak with my upvote.

Plus, I think the MVP screen is unfairly weighted towards players playing a new character for the first couple of times. Part to get the player feelin good (if they’re new with everything), part to show of the new shiny character they just released.

I dont care about the MVP screen. I had games were i question myself why this player gets to MVP screen when he had feeded 10 times, but hey he did 45% of our siege dmg, thats why that feeder get it. Should just remove it, or make it so all 10 players are on screen so people can vote the player they think did good. Not because the system think he was good.

Its lighthammer :smiley:

Everyone should know at this point how mvp is calculated.

2 Likes

This game needs a different loss/gain MMR point for the individual player, depending on how you contributed to the win or loss…

I’m not saying that just as it does MVP screen but something similar!

Many said before, just scrap the MVP, put all 10 players up, and let us vote for whomever we want.

4 Likes

Ahahaha :'D
Lol, objectively…
What are the requirements to say someone is objectively bad? Because skill is extremely complex with multiple layers and the MVP screen works in a known way, giving points to high and best stats. It’s not perfect, but I never saw bad players getting MVP.

I was also once 1 vote away from a legendary Medivh, but jealous and envious ppl refused that last vote from me :’(

Thinfoilhammer strikes again.

1 Like

I have seen player who was AI all game get MVP. AI that never did anything, it would come to battle and hearth back for no reason at full health. It did not die and it got some of the kill participations. You can literally AFK push and as long as you don’t die you’ll likely get it. The most important things for MVP are time spent dead and kill participation. It’s pretty rare to see MVP go to actually best player of the match.

1 Like

It’s good imo if an AI can get MVP. They try to program them to do helpful and good plays (I know they have their issues).
I had games where the AI did so sick plays, that I wanted it to have the MVP. I once stole the boss on SpiderQueen thanks to an ally bot Naz.

Stats can be farmed, and there are Heroes, who have an easier job to farm important (important for the MVP algorithm) stats, as I said earlier, this system is definitely not perfect, but it’s not that off. I know stats are not everything but if a “bad” player/bot had high stats, they had its uses, they were useful.

Prime example of how great the MVP system is(she did get legendary too!) :wink:

True. The whole MVP system is garbage. The only time that MVP system is useful is during the Toy Event where getting MVP will auto clear some of the event quests in one go.

Really hope that there is an option to auto disabled it permanently.

2 Likes

Excuse you and your entire race?

1 Like

Currently, it only serves to losers like above to have their color changed from blue to orange.
In my opinion, it could give a small reward in shards or increased XP.

3 Likes

That’s how you get people who splitpush and play macro forever.

Hey, you only had 2 more takedowns than I did.

1 Like

You literally threw a blind on to get assists don’t @ me.

2 Likes

i definitely have issues with the MVP screen that need to be addressed which arent just “this guy did a poor job imo” type of thing. there are actual problems they need to fix.

so…

1. Being In-Game.
    While you are on the two MVP screens you are technically ‘in a game’. This has various consquences.

• If you DC at any point here you automatically lose. Doesnt matter what happened in your match. You will get Leaver and 600 point+ loss.
    • If you DC’d during the actual match then you have until the last person (on the enemy) exits to rejoin. so if someone just sat there idling you may have the full time (60s? maybe its a little less) before the MVP screen times out to reconnect. i find this to be actually rather bad. someone could be gone all game leaving their team with a bot and still get credit as long as they connect back in right at the end during the core destruction and rolling over to MVP sequences.
    • In my opinion… the MVP screen could have more use if they remove the voting and just pull it to the out of game interface. The voting isnt particularly useful and never actually was. Plus as in the other two points keeping in the in-game section to make it interactive can cause issues. Allowing the game to end right at core destruction makes more sense.
  2. Credit where it is due.
    The MVP screen doesnt like to give out credit where it is due. If you have ever noticed this you already know what I am talking about. For example not every match does it award Main Tank or a similar ‘tank’ award like Bulwark or something, same with Main Healer. There are many times these get completely just thrown out.

• The fix for something like this is obviously showing more than just the top 5 scoring slots. Its awarding everyone that qualified for something what they actually got. Which means that the devs would need to not just set things to ‘we will give you some random award to the highest ppl here as scored by the formula’ and instead set hard values such as this and give out those awards to qualified individuals.
      “Main Healer: Most healing done to allied heroes.”
      to
      “Main Healer: 50,000+ Healing/Sheilding done to allied Heroes. Does not include Self Healing.”

• What this should end up as in my opinion is similar to, as I use to play in the past, the Quake FPS games. Basically if you got multiple awards for certain things like Headshots, Railgun use, Accuracy, etc. then you got each of those at the end and it would be recorded in your profile. The MVP screen (Quake Champions only as i recall) was still there but in that game obviously it was based on kills and deaths. – So in relation to here the same thing. If you qualify for one or more awards you should be awarded all of them and they should be recorded into your profile so that people can see what how many times you have done these in your games.

3. Meaningful Awards.
    Awards right now have no meaning whatsoever since there is no tracking. Technically I am sure they are recorded in the replays since sites like HotSLogs and others can see this. However, the in-game interface doesnt actually record anything about this except to say that you have “X” MVP a certain number which is very minimal info. its not even scratching the surface of how many awards there are. some of which are actually rather hard to get like the elusive Hat Trick award.

• Obviously for this there needs to be a separate award tab in your profile that shows all the awards possible. It should show how many times you have gotten each one and the percentage this comes out to for your total number of games. This tab would also have the standard filtering drop down for types of game modes and your seasons so you could filter out things.

these are just my thoughts on what is wrong with the MVP screen. which is a bit i suppose that bothers me. i would hope though that they could try to fix at least some of it.

My game crashed in MVP screen after a TL win. I did get my win without any leaver penalty and my rank points increased. I know, since it’s easy to check in master+.

Not sure the actual numbers of who gets MVP the most, but what I tend to see the most is Raynor, Azmodan, and Diablo when they are in game. Often doesn’t even have to be the winning team and one of these 3 will usually be the MVP for the specific game they are in at the time.

So since we know these 3 will usually get it, who cares? Lol.