Since the MVP makes no sense, just let us skip it

The MVP screen has been almost a laughing stock for most of the time it’s existed. It does a very bad job at portraying the persons in the game who made decisive contributions to winning the game. Heck, it doesn’t even take into account who were the detractors.

Please just give us the option to skip the MVP screen.

7 Likes

I’m fine with an Option to skip MVP

But the reasons you said with i kindly disagree

1 Like

I’m fairly convinced (not beyond reasonable doubt) that the MVP screen uses the (literally) patented technology that’s designed to “keep players engaged”.

While individual players will always have a bias based on their direct interactions in a given game, there’s been a remarkable number of times in my experience that the MVP screen has given more credit to players that were objectively bad in that particular game.

After noticing this trend, I started looking at those player’s profiles after a game where I felt they were objectively bad and found that they often had a slue of 3 or more losses in a row.

While this is more in the realm of anecdotal evidence with a sample size of one person’s experiences, it seems to look “right”.

In the past, I wasn’t in favor of being able to skip the MVP screen — but with this more recent realization, I’m now super firmly in the camp that the MVP screen is nearly meaningless to most players.

3 Likes

I had a game earlier went to the azmodan with 8 deaths instead of me, the Auriel with zero deaths and outhealed the enemy whitemane by 30k. It just cared that his siege/hero damage was slightly higher than the other people on the team, and overall higher than the enemies as well.

In any game in general, unless it’s an accolade voted on by the players, I don’t feel like mvp means a whole lot.

8 Likes

Mvp screen really doesn’t mean much to me anyways. All I want is the victory, and I’ll do it even it means I lose my hard earned, sweaty festered internet points. LuL
If I were to defend it, it would just be all in good fun. Doesn’t bother me even if the player who flamed the entire times gets MVP.

Personally I would like something like in OverWatch they play back the best play of the game.

2 Likes

How so?

He’s not wrong. Awards are pretty meaningless.

I Agree

I mean, you can just click a button to get out of it. While the award itself doesn’t really mean much, going so far as to invent conspiracy theories about why it exists is … weird.

After all, we all know it exists solely to show the world which is the best protoss.

11 Likes

True, in the end it doesnt matter who gets the MVP as along as is a protoss and not a zerg.

2 Likes

The formula for determining MVP is terrible… fortunately it is irrelevant.

MVP Formula

• Add kills
  • Add assists x [LostVikings=0.75, Abathur=0.8, other=1]
  • Add (timeSpentDead / gameLength) x 100 x [Murky=-1, Gall=-1, Cho=-0.85, other=-0.5]
  • Add 1 if player has top hero damage of his team
  • Add 1 if player has top hero damage of the match
  • Add 1 if player has top siege damage of his team
  • Add 1 if player has top siege damage of the match
  • Add 1 if player has top healing of the match
  • Add 1 if player has top XP contribution of his team
  • Add 1 if player has top XP contribution of the match
  • Add 0.5 if player is Warrior and has top damage received of his team
  • Add 1 if player is Warrior and has top damage received of the match

Over the last 15 days, MVP % in QM…

Top 5

• 20.6% - Rexxar
  • 18.2% - Azmodan
  • 17.2% - Mephisto
  • 17.1% - Fenix
  • 14.5% - Li-Ming

Bottom 5

• 5.6% - Mal’ganis
  • 4.8% - Illidan
  • 4.0% - Garrosh
  • 4.0% - Malthael
  • 3.3% - Murky

10% is average of course since there’s 10 players in a game. Almost every ranged hero is above 10% and almost every melee hero is below 10%.

SOURCE: hotslogs /Sitewide/MatchAwards

1 Like

The true answer is Zeratul.

4 Likes

They don’t feel meaningless when you get 8-10 votes!

Overall I don’t see why it’s such a problem. Literally a few seconds assuming you click exit asap.
And I would imagine that there are probably people who enjoy it, even if it is a bit wacky at times.

16 Likes

#sluglife

8 Likes

My slug is better!

Although this was back when there was selfvotes…

6 Likes

Sure, but we all know Tass is the best Protoss in this game, right, Logan?

3 Likes

OK, stop with the zerg already. I mean, come on, have some standards!

1 Like

I follow my queen. Care again, queen of hugs. She’s the real MVP. <3

2 Likes

Is this better?

7 Likes

Well, if we are going to do inferior protoss… hmmmmmmmm, acceptable.

2 Likes

Teach me your ways, highlord.

In my experience MVP is correct 75% of the time , which is about as good as you can expect from a statistical* evaluation. Although there are some halarious exceptions.

1 Like