Should QM be removed from the game?

In minor region, especially Singapore region, QM is the most popular mode in the game.

1 Like

Oh buddy how much time do you have today?

To be completely honest blind draft has a single flaw and that is the fact you can’t pre select your role before que like you can in other game modes. Sooooo you know same BS as every draft mode in hots.

But having a draft mode as your base casual game mode means, right off the bat, the community.

A) learns the importance of drafting a proper comp.

B) learns how to draft in general

C) is still allowed the freedom of choice to a degree

D) Promotes ranked play. Because you learn real quick how important bans are and what a QOL thing they can be in a MOBA.

E) promotes a more competitive atmosphere.

3 Likes

We have UD for that.

But I play QM so I can spam one Hero without ruining games. I won’t give up that for the cousin of UD. That blind draft is not the solution and can’t compete with the freedom QM provides.

6 Likes

Or they simply waste their first ban on your pick, simply to set you off :slight_smile: :dagger:

1 Like

Even very popular games like LoL or dota2 doesn’t try to make the match perfect when the player decides to play one character. QM is a great system if it worked as imagined. But let’s
face it, it just doesn’t. Hots has way less players than those two and even than those two. It just can’t work. Maybe it might work ok for players who have played the game for a long time but people who are new to the game are having a hard time finding a match in QE because it tries to be so perfect. QE should also be a mode where people who are new to the game or new to a hero. Nobody wants play with an ai forever. I think this is one of the biggest reasons why Hots is dying. QE is making it harder for new players to join in the game.

1 Like

Well LoL has UD as well but blind just has no bans and you can’t see the enemy team, as I said before.

Now I won’t disagree that the freedom that QM provides isn’t fun but from the perspective of both a developer and a gamer I believe QM has done HOTS a great disservice.

Between giving the game developers a never ending list of balancing issues to deal with, creating a “it’s all about what I want community mindset” and single handily killing any drive for ranked or draft play (all of which causes its own subset of problems). All of that hurt the longevity of the game.

2 Likes

I know. I live in one of those minor regions.(I’m South Korean) And that is why I think QE is a problem. Most of the people who play Hots is hating on it. It’s because QE is working very poorley in those severs. For QE to work properly it needs a lot of players but new players give up the game because QE cannot find a match for them to play in. So many of the users are quitting which is making the matter worse. So right know I’m playing in other servers instead. It’s impossible to play properly in one of those servers.

1 Like

I mean that could happen in actual ranked or Unranked draft but not in blind thank goodness.

Fun fact about LoL draft. There are 10 bans. Each player is allowed one ban and the entire ban phase happens before anyone even locks in. I honestly prefer this than having a single person ban.

1 Like

That would actually be a very interesting idea.
I don’t play other MOBAs, so no experience with it myself.

2 Likes

Those who are playing QM are clearly has no intention to play HL. If you force them to play HL or Draft mode, these players will rather quit the game.

5 Likes

And the irony of that is the same people also quit the game due to poor MM and bad QM comps which could all be avoided in ranked play.

The same people get really upset because they have to fight X / Y hero or some crazy broken comp and refuse to go into the single game mode that could fix all their issues.

2 Likes

Those who quit QM will play HL/TL and those who quit HL will play QM. Simple.

You are naive if you think removing QM will get those players to play HL/UD/TL. It won’t.

4 Likes

Ahhh I see you too are naive as well my friend because I never said I wanted to remove QM. I may have given my thoughts about the game mode but I full understand that the death of QM would be the second death of this game.

I was simply talking about blind draft to a fellow hots player that had some questions about the topic. No need to start name calling over false assumptions now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Whether it is proper draft or blind draft, only those played HL/UD/TL will show an interest on it. QM players won’t bat an eye on these.

Yes

should change it to blind pick

2 Likes

Oh trust me I know. I have a firm belief that QM should have just been blind pick when the game first came out but it’s much to late for that. That’s all I was getting at really.

QM needs to stay around until the day the servers shut down because ironically it’s the only thing keep the game alive despite the over all damage it has done.

2 Likes

Sigh. How many times do we need this same thread?

Answer is still no. QM is the only mode where you actually get to play any Hero you want, therefore it should stay. Also it is apparently the most popular mode, so removing it would be a terrible idea anyway.

If you don’t like QM, that’s just your problem. Don’t play it if you don’t like it. There’s plenty of other game modes you can play, play those instead. Don’t be a selfish prick that wants to cancel everyone’s fun just because you don’t like it.

2 Likes

I would like a Pre-Pick Blind Draft Mode.

-Queue as desired Hero, like QM.
-Matchmaker does its best.
-Find game, enter Blind Draft.
-No Bans (maybe added later on).
-Team is populated with their queued Heroes.
-Team has ~60 seconds to discuss any changes they’d like to make and lock-in.

I’d prefer playing something like this over Unranked. The drafting just takes too long for those on a time crunch. It’s even more aggravating when peeps dodge and the whole process is required to start over.

1 Like

I learn nothing from QM because unless the teams are balanced both composition and MMR it is a grand waste of time.

3 Likes

Sadly it is to late now. QM is popular but it is without a doubt the worst way to play HotS. Way to many people have decided that QM is the way to go because they don’t know any better.

Draft only would make the game multiple times better. Sadly to late to do this now. QM should have never been a thing but it is to late now.

3 Likes