Share your favorite/unusual team compositions of Late

Something I’ve liked to play lately in QM, is to play probe and try to split push lanes (either Top Mid or Mid Bot) with Worker Rush at level 4 for increased rotation and warp at Talent 1 and 7 to increase AOE damage to minions, towers while my team either ARAM top or bottom.

It worked really well overall vs coordinated teams (With exceptions), and even I can outdone the job vs 2 laner heroes (like sam, Zag and abathur for example) All I gotta do is not get picked while in big maps or 3 lane maps. Howerver, on a 2 lane map, I just zone and go where we need help with either objective or if I canhelp more with fights, I just stay with the team and clear lanes.

1 Like

Speaking of Probius, I was just forced to play with 10 of them. Half of the players went afk after a minute, I am suiciding into the wall and this torment won’t end even 25min later.

He is not the most exciting hero but could work well on a 2 lane map because his cannons are simply ridiculous. However, rarely do you land a low-burst game where you can get the most out of his tower defense talent.

The talents you’ve mentioned are an overkill for the assumed role in a sense that you want to drag out the minion clearing process on purpose as that’s the only time when you can funnel some damage into the enemy hero who is contesting you. As long as you’re not tanking too much, you’ll be oppressing even the strongest of solo laners because grabbing orbs becomes unfeasible for them.

1 Like

I really like Aba+Medivh, two Medivhs are scarrier than one :no_mouth:

1 Like

Not saying this is a “favorite combo” or anything, but one time in SL I ended up with the team; Cho’gal, Morales, Abathur, and Graymane (I was grey.) the map was towers so I thought we were doomed. I didn’t complain and just started playing, and it was a surprisingly fun game. The other team didn’t play badly, but each of us just played each hero so well they just didn’t have a response.

I will say I already knew I loved morales and Grey but that game we really showed what the two could do post 10.

2 Likes

Double portals sounds fun

I’ve been praying every day and offering first born goats so that this doesn’t happen to me.
I feel for you.

1 Like

I’ve never voluntarily quit out of a Hots match, but I might seriously consider it in an all Probius game!

So far the all Butcher and the all Murky mirror have been hands down the most fun I had playing for a couple of years.

2 Likes

hmm Idk Murky got a bit ctrl alt del once you get slimed
best part was when you all go march or the murloks
my favourite was the nazeeboo- ironically the only time someone wasn’t walled by their own team-mate, yeah I watched closely I’m that kinda person

I pity anyone with all sylvanas, my heart stopped about 3 times 'cus wave of banshees teleport went boo. yes I won but I lost 10 years
oh and orphea kinda sucks

mate of mine goes stukov, i go kerrigan they go poof… usually, I can be very zealos when diving

I got an all Illidan match last night. Honestly it was kind of fun. It felt like the Imperius one. No one left, everyone tried, chat was quiet. I’d like mirror matches if they were all like this.

But when people leave, or AFK to “let em win” or any of that crap its horrible for everyone.

2 Likes

Auriel + Zarya is one of my all time favorites. They complement each other in so many ways.

Zarya is imo top 5 energy batteries in the game. Her damage is good and she tends to take a lot of damage which feeds Auriel’s Empathic Link like crazy. Both Righteous Assault and Searing Light love the way Zarya tends to position. Zarya loves tons of healing and Auriel does huge amounts of healing when shes got infinite energy.
I’m only scratching the surface with all the little synergies these heroes have together. Give it a try some time c :

3 Likes

one time me and my friends queued up with lili, malfurion, and i think kharazim, I don’t remember the other heroes though

khara/garrosh/zarya/samuro/abathur was a fun one I played recently

that’s a lot of "a"s

There is the ultra kidnapp combo on YouTube with Stitches, Medivh, Zeratul and Abathur in one team. The poor Jojo got kidnapped almost the whole map of Dragonshire through four portals! Crucial for this gimmick play is Zeratul using VP on his own Stitches to give the Medivh and his copy enough time for the portal cd

3 Likes

Me and a Abby were bullying Anduin badly on Dragonshrines. He couldn’t handle a single Sylvanas in World of Warcraft; two was a nightmare for him.

That must hurt. A good abathur is always a threat.