Season never ending?

I’ve noticed that the timer on Storm League keeps switching from “Season ending in one week,” to “season ending in less than one week,” and back and forth multiple times. What’s up with this?

2 Likes

Copeium response
A patch is almost ready but something came up and they need more time.

Pesimistic response
Infinity season. This is how the game is gonna be from now on.

my response
Idk

6 Likes

Hots players cry about long seasons as in 6 months when seasons lasting a year could theoretically be fine for others

Yes altho you don’t usualy see 6 consecutive months of "1 week remaining"s.

Leoric Seasonal Infinity Gauntlet Skin when?

2 Likes

Do you even know how bad games are in the last month of every season that last this long? People dont care about winning and just troll around. Even Fan have many times told how trash games are in the last part of a season even in master rank.

People get bored and dont takes ranked seriously as they would in the start of a season. People gets burned out if seasons last way too long.

We went from having 3 months seasons to 6 months.

2 Likes

Yet LoL has much longer seasons and it goes fairly smooth? Larger population helps but just saying if people WANTED to play, they’d play.

Remember when Mike Ybarra paraded around they had some great news for wc3 this June? It was nothing beyond two tweets, a useless PTR patch and choosing who to throw at the wolves (hint: it’s an overly enthusiastic woman with no knowledge of the game).

i tho it would end today so i didnt play this weekend…

As far as we know they need to deploy a patch to end the season, it doesn’t happen automatically, so the classic dev team need to actually do work to make it happen and they are probably three university students in Bangalore at this point.

1 Like

That’s not the point. Hots hasn’t ever really had long seasons. They’d start new seasons when patches would happen that either started an event, reworked heroes, added a hero, not just balance patches or hotfixes. I think they’d last a few months and then another patch would come out. Over time this got extended because of the situation changing at Blizzard.

Lately hots has been postponing ending the season because they have nothing ready to update. Its been at a stand still for a while and because there’s no patches coming they postpone the season until they do have something… which is why the message keeps repeating.

LoL’s seasons are naturally longer because that’s how they want it. But imagine if LoL went from having a yearly season cycle to one year having it be extended to a year and a half, or two years before a new season started. There’d be complaints about Riot as well. If hots seasons were always longer, there’d be no problem but its the fact they keep extending it beyond what was normal for hots that’s the problem.

2 Likes

i’d be happy with a handful of balance tweaks if needed and a season reset. I wouldn’t be to upset if there was just a season reset to be honest, happy to still be able to play the game.

1 Like

Relevant (rumored announcement in a few days)

I don’t expect anything good.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link, Filemon.

Seems very depressing. I hope the announcement is not the complete dropping of HotS support. :frowning:

Your suffering only starts now, ladies and gentelmen. :melting_face:

Revence for Tassadar ?

2 Likes

All according to plan.

3 Likes

On the optimistic side, it seems weird to delay an announcement like that for several weeks. I think some amount of content is more likely.

1 Like

Neverending, as the potatoeflow!

Very likely that their moronic team scheduled another PR disaster, this time to get some attention away from diablo immortal fiasco. Poor Grubby has been taken for a ride so many times already I’m starting to think he is constantly sedated to help hide any and all emotion.