Season is garbage

So last season i started out plat 5, i bounced around several ranks thoughout the season but I was able to climb to diamond 4 and it was a pretty fun season, few trolls here and there but most the games were pretty chill.

This season I was placed in Plat 1 and started out ok but have hit a point that no matter what time of day i log on or what day i choose to log on, every game I would play I would get a troll unless in a 5 man premade. I have fallen down to gold 4 cause of how many players are afking and game throwing this season. This is just a prime example of how little blizzard is wanting to punish players who preform such actions and how the changes they have made to ranked have made the game so much worse.

I can not speak for everyone else but I will not be logging back in until they redesign ranked and split team and solo que’s once again and they put more effort into punishing a player who feeds or afks all game cause this has gotten out of hand.

1 Like

You will be matched against more of them than you get on your own team. Where as you only get 4 rolls of “troll” the enemy gets 5. Hence statistically this plays in your favour since your enemies will be afking and throwing more on average than your team is. Assuming you, yourself, are not a troll which is usually a reasonable assumption one can make.

The fact you are losing rank thus has other causes unrelated to the number of trolls at your rank. Most likely you are picking heroes that rely on allies to perform rather than heroes which work fine alone. An example of a bad hero choice is Morales since she is one of the worst damage heroes in the game and although she brings a lot of value to the team, none of that matters when all your allies are dead as they decided to 3v5 the enemy team dealing all their damage on their tank. On the other hand a hero like Valla is a good choice since she has health sustain, mobility and high damage and can easily punish and pick off enemy “troll” players. Who cares that you have your own troll players since as long as the enemy ones spend more time dead than yours your chances of winning are very good.

Being low skilled is not a crime.

Being low skilled and being improperly placed are too quite different things. I am a support main so only so much i can do and i often stick with alex and or lucio just cause of how much they can do and or what the enemy team comp is. But as i said before if you get someone who is afking or split pushing all game or just plan feeding, you are not gonna be able to carry them.

Not including most of the time you are being matched against premades so you know they do not have a troll or someone who is gonna work against the team so yeah.

Yeh I had a similar issue. I used to main Lucio and when I fell to Gold (for some reason… I had over a 50% win rate and was losing rank due to how placements work) it became obvious very quickly that he just will not work.

I used to volunteer for support. One Gold 2 match I had a team of Lucio (me), Muradin, Sylvanas, Chromie and someone else (I forget). Muradin thought 1v5ing all the time was a good idea. No Matter what I did to save him he just kept trying. At the end when we lost he died 9-11 times, Sylvanas twice, the other person I forget and Chromie and Lucio (I) did not die even once. I cannot even fault anyone else as Sylvanas and Chromie were doing their best to mitigate damages and equalize the experience lead Muradin was feeding.

After that I decided to main Zagara instead and only go support if forced. Usually won MvP or best Hero Damage by a ludicrous margin. My recommendation is to find a damage dealer and take those unless you have confidence in your team. Heroes like Lucio and Morales are very powerful supports but they place the game result into your allies hands and if they do stupid things there is nothing you can do.

Two seasons ago (I think, maybe 3 i do not remember) before the lucio rework I was able to carry with him due to the amount of healing and saves I was able to put out. He is still an amazing character today but trolls and dumb people are getting higher ranks it seems.

I have a few carries but it results in the same outcome, Tank wont peel, healer is splitpushing or something stupid, a team mate is feeding and we are losing out on exp. You get the idea.

My point still is 1 player can ruin a game for another 4 players and it has gotten out of hand this season.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

I noticed that many players who throw the games have been around for 4 years. Any idea why they started to throw games? They get offended in the first minute of the game, start blaming a player they picked on or made a minor mistake in the first minute and that was it. Constant raging, then going afk, intentionally dying, ignoring the objectives.

What I don’t get is: If they don’t enjoy the game and know they will throw it, why do they even queue? Just to ruin 4 other players’ game?

Even more happy i quit this game. This is what you get when a bunch of soft bodies: who just by looking at them you can tell they never played team activities or sports - are in charge of a team mmr system; they just copy mechanically different games like LOL or dots and Don’t connect that a different game needs a different matchmaking system.

2 Likes

Yeah I am done with this game until they fix it, hell the game seems to get worse each patch.

Omg I know they ruined, zag, whitemane, diablo and god knows who else. I love their logic on diablo, they say he has a high pick rate but low win rate - so they made him more dependent on his teammates by instead of doing more dmg, just slightly lowering armor… Not too sure about that. Meanwhile genji can still attain constant ghost form and go through walls… wish he could do that in OW.

Dunno what person thinks that a tank needs to be doing more damage…He is a tank for a reason.