Salt Mines - Deposit all your anger here!

Just won the most strange game as Auriel, with a 4 man premade which had like the worst Ragnaros on the team. 1-13 score and did not even complete his hammer lvl 1 quest even after 25 min game. Kudos to the Aba/Sonya they had on the team who were the only good who were carrying them with my help.

For the f love of f god
If you and one other on your team realise that the enemy rotates the whole match and you can easily counter them but the rest of your derpy mates doesn’t react and realize how hard they get f.

Yeah I get it, they are probably a couple of elos lower, but for love of god it was f obvious

Now I feel better

1 Like

Jace, Brightwing sad now. :frowning: I had a game just like that as BW in SL, managed to out heal the enemy Lucio by 3 times…But nothing stops a 13 death Illidan when he wants to feed.

4 Likes

My brother came back to hots after getting a new pc yesterday and not playing hots for 2 years.
The first game we played together in 2 years was:

Tassadar (me)
Genji (my brother)
Gazlowe
Tyrande
Murky
vs
Alexstraza
Illidan
Raynor
Zarya
Li-ming

He uninstalled right after, never to come back. I was quite frustrated by that game too.

what exactly is the problem there?

2 Likes

The fact that team comps were completely unbalanced. They had a standard comp while we had no tank and not enough damage to compensate. And our gazlowe afk pushed the entire game. Needless to say, we got stomped.

In my last Qhira game, my teammates frequently ran around solo, especially one in particular (thank you leoric), and thought fighting outnumbered was intelligent. Oh and refused to touch the core.

On a related(and ironic) note, shoutout to the zarya that just hovered near the enemy, as if she was going to engage then started running when I went in, letting me 2v1. You didn’t even hearthstone or clear lanes. We didn’t win and I was so happy for it. As Alarak would say, we didn’t deserve it.

Zarya isn’t a tank, she’s a support.
Tass vs Zarya / support

Gazlowe/Murky vs Ilidan / solo laners mercs

Tyrnade vs Alexstraza / Healers

So the wild card really is your comp is hypercarry genji vs hypercarry raynor, you have way more push potential vs their superior team fight. Really nothing wrong with those comps except that your brother hadn’t played in 2 years and got put into hypercarry role. im sure he didn’t have fun with that, but he’s the one who picked genji to start with… if he unistalled after his first game in 2 years, he wasn’t sticking around anyways.

Afk pushing sucks though, ill pour some :salt: for that one, its deserved.

Also sorry for questioning you in a vent thread, i really just needed to take my mind off my last few match’s, 2 outa the 5 had afk’s from the load screen and 1 had 2 team mates bickering the entire time making them easy targets for Ming orb resets. :salt: one for the homies :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s alright, no worries. Sorry for those afk in your matches, sucks hard.

But it baffles me that a tank with some of the best dps in the game can be in the same class as a support with very little independance.

Neither team had a tank actually.

Tassadar Support
Genji range dps
Gazlowe melee dps
Tyrande Healer
Murky flex
vs
Alexstraza healer
Illidan melee dps
Raynor ranged dps
Zarya support
Li-ming raged dps

If it was a 3 lane map, you’d have the advantage. On a two lane map they did. But that’s what you get for playing QM. Had the situation been reversed, your brother would have probably kept playing. Which is a double standard.

Also, picking Genji when you’re rusty is not recommended. (Plus Genji is kind of bad now. He got nerfed to hell)

1 Like

Please, don’t call Zarya a tank. It makes me :salt::salt:
I can ensure that if someone takes Zarya to fill the main tank role, the teammate will posting :salt::salt::salt::salt: post in there.
She isn’t a tank :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

I agree. Bruiser/Support hybrid maybe?

I rarely play with one, and never in draft. Would you take her with or instead of a bruiser?

Problem with the comp is they got zero sustain vs Illidan and Raynor/Li-Ming and Tyrande is just a bad healer compared to Alex. Also Tass gets zero value in teamfights cause he have none to enable with burble.

Got reminded why I never play Ranked.

So I was giving ranked another go… On Tombs, enemy team has Rag, our Naz keeps getting caught in it and pinging the healer when he dies. Anyways we somehow make it an even match, they have the edge late game but we need to pay 2 gems for the objective. I (Blaze) get the gems and pay, mean while my team is fighting centre 5v4 in a Rags lave wave. I pay the gems but of course they wipe because they don’t move. The enemy team goes on to clear the spiders and take the keep.

Apparently I’m the noob for not fighting with them in the Lava wave and I cost us the game.

Even at gold rank, I cannot believe people do not have the map awareness to know the wave is coming.

1 Like

Low rank players dont know what mini map is anymore.
I also once got flamed on by a Li-MIng for telling her to pay attention to her own mini map but i just got a toxic respond back. Like it was my fault she got ganked cause she cant be bothered to check her mini map once in a while. Sometimes i fell like some players in this game are just trolls when they die and flame on others about they got killed alone and no one pinged them. Mini map awareness is like a old thing now but people no matter rank still suck at it. And then justify their dead by flaming someone on the other side of the map for not helping is just brain dead. You should think people get better at this game when they climb higher ranks but most of them dont.

Last time I gave my opinions, I was on the WoW forums and got banned for 1000 years.

I just lost my promotion match because some idiot decided it’d be a GREAT idea to run an Illidan into a first pick Johanna
And our tnaks thought a Stitches and Artanis had neough hard CC to let us focus down a Qhira

God I love playing healer

4 Likes

Braxis. ppl actually talk on the draft screen. we agree to early pick Healer and tank first. One guy locks Gul Dan instead.

The enemy picks Garrosh and Malf,then Zul Jin. 2nd Assassin goes last pick Falstad and bruiser picks Leoric.

Gul Dan afked the first 2 mins, then did nothing but die.(He picked rain of destrouction, why would we need horrify?)

Leoric never used his E to dodge throws. Every time I warned him in chat to back or he’ll get thrown. He got thrown. He picked March of the black King. Why would we need entomb?

Falstad + Gul Dan doesn’t secure much kills. Also, we didn’t have gust. He picked hinterland blast.

Whatever. happens,. Next game. My teamates just kept dying over and over. We lost at Lvl 12.

1 Like

I’ve seen Plat’s, Diamonds and even Masters want to duke it out in a Lava Wave instead of taking a few steps to the left or right. I just assume they must be the insects that Rag is referring to when he casts the lava wave screaming: “Die insects”!

I remember some post on the old forums where someone was requesting the function to turn off the mini-map, so that says it all really.

It’s a shame really, I fear an Illidan pick as I’ve won exactly 1 game in at least 3 seasons with Illidan players on my team. That one game was because it was two grouped players who went Abathur and Illidan and took them after the second ban wave when they knew they had few counters.

5 Likes