Rory Swann Hero Suggestion

Introduction

Rory Swann was introduced in wings of liberty, he upgraded raynor's raider's technology and built the first thors. He also makes appearances occasionally in the campaigns that follow, which tend to result in jokes made about his dialect

Design

Swann in the campaign made an appearance as a heroic mission on a mission called 'belly of the beast' a dungeon crawling mission where raynor and a squad of his compatriots tried to destroy the zerg's nydus canals on char. Swanns attack was very similar to that of the marauder, he also had 1 ability to place down a flamethrower turret with timed life, in coop he is shown to possess the lazer drill tychus findley uses as his ultimate ability, additionally he uses only mechanical units.

Now marauders tend to not mix very well with turrets and mech, however I think there are ways to do it.

My plan is to make swann a bit of a nieche macro hero, meant to counter dive and chase picks to a reasonable degree, the way I think this should be done is with slows and activatables.

Abilities

Q

Clamp - Swann clamps his robotic arm down in a 2 by 2 unit square, after a .35 second delay anyone caught in a small area will take 120 damage and be stunned for .7 seconds. Cooldown - 12 seconds

W

Sentry Gun - This ability has two functions, the first one is building a sentry gun, this takes 10 parts, after a 2 second channel you place a sentry gun, it is invisible to enemies, the sentry gun has 450 health and deals 45 damage per second to the nearest enemy in an 8 unit radius when activated. The alternate use is to click on a sentry gun to strip the sentry gun down, after a 2 second channel you disassemble the sentry gun giving 2 parts every 50 health the sentry has up to 10.

E

Spider Mine - This ability has 2 functions, the first is placing a spider mine on the ground, which takes 2 parts and a .5 second channel, the spider mine is both invisible and invulnerable, when activated it deals 250 damage in a 3 unit radius and destroys itself. The alternative use for the ability is clicking a spider mine to disassemble it giving 3 parts.

Trait

Concussive Shells (Passive) - Whenever swann attacks an enemy slow all enemies in a 2 unit radius by 15% and the target by 30%.

Parts (Passive) - Whenever swann is near a destroyed wall cannon tower or gate give him 5 parts, when he is near a destroyed fort or keep give him 25. Parts do not replenish on there own

Activate (Active) - Activate a burrowed sentry gun or spider mine triggering what it does

4 second cooldown

Zare, I love your idea for Swann, but I do have some changes a few things. The first thing to change is to move your trait to the top because I was confused when I was reading the W & E. Second, remove the breakdown on the spider mines and maybe cut the scrap cost. Third, maybe add another way to get scrape like kill minions and campus to get one scrap, siege-pults for two scrape, and heroes for four. Finally, I was thinking of Ult.s for Swann and I thought to add some you could use.
-Ult. 1; Concentrated Beam- You fire a beam across the map and deal 150 damage per second. fires for five seconds with a 60-second cooldown.
Upgrade; Pulse Cannon- replace across the map with a large target area, deals 1200 after a three-second delay.
-Ult. 2; Combat Drop- you deploy four A.R.E.S. war bots at the target location or in one lane and will push and attack from structure, heroes, then minions.
Upgrade; Six for the Price of Four- add two more A.R.E.S. warbots and increase health and damage.

I would think other generators for the scrap would come from his talents, as for the ults these seem fine, personally if I were to control the ults I’d have something to do with a cyclone as well I always liked the cyclone unit design-wise and I think it would fit into hots way better then it did in sc2. However both of the ults seem pretty cool all in all, and definitely fit with swann.