Role Bloat and How to Solve It

Listen, I know you guys changed and reclassified roles back in the day before - but it’s time to ease the burden and simplify once more (since you already did it once, right?).

This is what I’d love to see:

1. Merge Bruisers into the Tank role, since Bruisers are basically tanks (They are and you know it, even the daily quests confirm they’re about the same.) Certainly, there are some Bruisers that wouldn’t be considered… “Tanks” right? Like Malthael or Gazlowe, of course. Just make them into Melee Assassins where they belong.

2. Melee/Ranged Assassins are fine. It’s good to differentiate between melee and ranged because there is absolutely a difference in team makeup and the two of them play completely differently.

3. Healer role is fine.

4. There are only four “supports” in the game. An entire role for four heroes. Why? Dismantle the role and send these heroes to the places they should be:

• Zarya is a Tank in Overwatch and should 100% just be a tank in Heroes. Easy.
  • Medivh is a ranged assassin with some helpful spells. Move his gate ability to become his new trait (Since his trait is literally just the mount buff and not actually a trait (see what you did with Reghar recently)), give him 1 more attack ability (E) and make his shield only usable on himself until he chooses a talent.
  • The Lost Vikings are hard to place, but I would say they fit best as a ranged assassin, since two of them are ranged and the third is just a meat shield - consider it like playing a ranged assassin with your own personal tank that comes with it, as your “defensive ability.”
  • Ah, Abathur. Everyone’s favorite… Whatever you are. He’s a ranged assassin, no other changes needed. It’s really that simple. Why? Oh, my dear, but of course. He’s a ranged assassin because he attacks other heroes and lanes from… wait for it… a safe distance. He’s quite literally the -ultimate- ranged assassin.
  1. No need to thank me, just use your reason.

Thanks for listening, at least. I know my opinions may not be popular but I have nothing to lose by offering them.