Rip sylvanas..... 15 char

Looks like sylvanas is the latest hero to be destroyed by a rework, we now get something new that reuses all her skins.

A moment of silence please for our dearly departed queen of the forsaken, she really is dead this time, for good.

39 Likes

They needed to get her ready for when they kill her off in WoW.

(tbh, the new Sylvanas seems all right, but I haven’t played her much)

EDIT: I played her a bit more… turns out she is, in fact, absolute dumpster-tier garbage. :frowning:

6 Likes

Explain, HOW.

I’m a level 15 syl too and I love the rework par some talents here and there that should work differently.

15 Likes

no more cheese

just moldy cheese

She’s gonna be a top tier ranged assassin while still being good at timing pushes.

Maybe actually try the hero in a real game before all this nonsense doom and gloom.

21 Likes

Q has alot of range. extra damage talents and trait, w has the same spread you just have to attack the msin target. E still does its poke teleport. activate her trait to nullify minions.

Q has range 8 now so try this.

LV 1 Overflowing affliction. She deals 1% max HP damage with 3 stacks of trait
LV4 Merc Queen - cuz camps and wave clear. possession may be better with catapult changes… hard to say.
LV7 Barbed Shot - same target with all 5 shots does 350%bonus damage… if you have 3 stacks of trait when you Q a target, add 25% more damage per shot.
LV10. mind control
LV 13 windrunner resets Q, and gets a 2nd cast. Yes please.
LV16 life drain. she gets a ton of healing. 3 stacks, W, Q, E,Q,E,Q
LV20 either mindcontrol cd or Q cd reduction… since your wanting damage Q seems optimal but being able to mind control every 30s is really good.

She is very much alive after this rework. she has a ton of single target damage, her solo laning is still good. give her a chance.

8 Likes

4.2k damage in 2 seconds at level 20.

“Hero is destroyed.”

20 Likes

Doesn’t matter if the hero is good or not, what matters is that the old hero doesn’t exist anymore, they completely destroyed her playstyle, for something vanilla.

20 Likes

I’ll miss the old level 20 mind control. Am enjoying it now while I can.

4 Likes

I admit its less op then before. However I felt that mind control did need some changes, as I always thought of it as a free kill button.

Now it takes a little more skill to use, which I feel makes it more rewarding.

2 Likes

this is exactly what im afraid of. ill put it this way, if you didn’t team fight with her before, you aren’t going to now, because the team fight is still the same. I like syl as a team fighter right now and its essentially the same style with bloated numbers because they want people to play it. after everyone becomes complacent…

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

I can see hope, if her E skill casting time will be faster. It would be possible run away more easily from the bad situations.

In 2 seconds? Single target? How?

That’s just going to lead to nerf after a bit >.>
I love TFing with her too! This change isn’t going to RIP that part of her…for a while before they nerf her to death (I’m hoping not too bad)

HEY! Spoilers!
Rude! :smirk:

2 Likes

Bwahahahahahaha, this guy xD You almost got me with that troll post, almost!

She can’t, he’s making stuff up. The new Sylvanas can reach a single-target DPS of 1.1-1.2k at level 20.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

She does more dps on live with the right build, AND her live kit is more viable in team fights with a HIGHER skill ceiling.

Not to mention, they didn’t even remove structure disable. This rework is a total disaster.

1 Like

4.2 k burst damage is definitely possible, although due to the nature of Q firing over 1.5 seconds and Shadow Dagger ticking for 2 it’s a bit over 2 seconds, but it only takes 2 seconds for Sylvanas to perform.

Sylvanas is definitely capable of some insane burst damage on the PTR. Try this build: Might, Barbed Shot, Wailing Arrow, Cold Embrace, and Deafening Blast.

The combo is: Auto-attack while firing Q over 1.5 seconds with W on them for the vulnerable effect, then use Deafening Blast. Hit them with 25% increased AA speed the whole time and then back off. End result should be at least 4k damage and a 5 second silence of course.

At level 20 it does about 4000 damage,much more depending on how free you are to auto-attack. At level 13, it does around 3000. So yeah, you’ve got about 2 seconds to react when Sylvanas starts attacking you otherwise you’re pretty much dead.

As for DPS (PTR) I managed 980 before running oom with an AA build. 750 with the Windrunner build.
On live, the most I could manage was 700, and this was with Remorseless/Fury of the Storm.

Both her DPS and her burst damage has been significantly buffed. Q is going to feel clunkier for sure, but the rewards are definitely there, I suggest you try her out on the PTR more if you haven’t managed to get the same numbers.

2 Likes

It’s gonna take some time to get used to not holding down Q lul. Also is W build any good? Heard from some people that it’s risky because it opts you to get in AA range which can be dangerous.

Compelling argument…

11 Likes

What matters is that you can whine!

7 Likes