Rhonin, the Archwizard of Dalaran

A support mage with a myriad of powerful abilities.

Basic abilities:

• Arcane Bolt (Q): Rhonin fires a bolt of arcane energy that deals moderate damage.
  • Inner Fire (W): Buffs a single hero, increasing physical armor and attack damage.
  • Morning Dew (E): Heals a single ally, restores lost hitpoints for a short time.
  • Arcane Mastery (Trait): Upon leveling up to each talent, Rhonin’s basic abilities have increased his spell power by 5%

Heroic Abilities:

• Meteor Shower (R1): Unleashes a barrage of deadly meteors within the large radius.
  • Mass Teleport (R2): Brings nearby heroes, including Rhonin to teleport to a friendly creep, fort or tower.
  • Arcane Healing (R3): Rhonin creates an arcane aura that heals nearby heroes within his vicinity.

Backstory:
As an apprentice wizard, Rhonin is fond of magic. He ventures in the Khaz Modanian badlands and beyond to fulfill his quest. In the wake of Dalaran’s destruction and Antonidas’ death, he rose up the ranks and eventually became the new Archmage of the Kirin Tor that lead this once an Alliance nation into neutrality.

1 Like

Inner Fire is classically a Priest ability, and mages have never been able to heal. Maybe a redesign of those two abilities?

Also the trait is a bit boring. Considering everything in HotS scales at (+4% per level), the trait states that spells scale at… (+5% per level). This is pretty tiny. Maybe something a bit more unique?

I suggest to adding R2 or R3 to your Trait.
Or you can have a new definition on trait that way.

1)Upon leveling up to each talent,Rhonin’s basic abilities’s cooldown will be reset.
2)Upon leveling up to each talent,Rhonin permanetly gain 5 spell power.
3)Each leveling up to each talent,permanetly reduce cooldown of all basic abilities by 0.5 seconds.

And also with a bit edit on abilities name,it will be a nice kit.

Mentioned already, but making Rhonin a healer is a little weird, isn’t it?
And not only because he’s a Mage.

I don’t WoW, so I’m not familiar with his current character, but in his first appearance (in the novel “Day of the Dragon”), he started out in prison for having accidentaly blasted his allies with a spell (a joke on the fact that such a thing can and does happen in Warcraft 2), earning him the nickname “Rhonin the Reckless”.

So changing him to center around healing seems a little out of place IMO.
Then again, like I said before, I’m unfamiliar with his current incarnation in WoW, and it could very well be that he has become very considerate of his allies precisely because of that earlier mistake.

I’m not sure, but I think you might have misunderstood the Trait.
What I understood is that at levels that grant a Talent (4, 7, 10, … IDK if OP is considering level 1), Rhonin gets an additional 5% to the effects of his abilities, on top of his scaling.
It’s a little “plain” in that it’s mechanically only “gain stats”, but it could be extremely powerful if the match gets to the lategame (5 to 7 Tiers, depending on wether level 1 and Heroics count, each incresing 5%, means 25 to 35% more effective abilities).

1 Like

It may be structurally strange/new and some irrational. But it will be a good kit and can be made into a good hero,a combine of healer and mage…

1 Like

I unfortunately think that Rhonin as an arcane mage would be difficult to include and to make him unique when we already have Li-Ming which is an arcane sorceress. I know different universe, but she still is an arcane spell caster.

Althought he is my favorite mage after Jaina, I lack of creativity about him. Antonidas could be nice but again, we got a firemage with Kael’thas. Is this me or we are starting to be full on the mage role except for super unique ones similar to Orphea.

Yes, we already have the “arcane mage” archetype, but that doesn’t mean they can’t make another one who plays/“feels” different.
For example, many people didn’t think Mei could be done because “we already have an Ice-based caster in Jaina”.

Here are some random thoughts:

• Rhonin could use Arcane Explosion, an AoE attack centered on himself that gives a warning and then expands outward relatively slowly.
    That dodgeability would allow the ability to be stronger to compensate, by having greater damage or some debuff, and would also make it different to Muradin’s Thunderclap in the way it’s played with and against.
    So the enemy has to decide if they take the damage or move away from Rhonin, potentially letting the ability work like a “soft-force-disengage” (I’m assuming Rhonin would be a ranged assassin, so he might want that)

• He could get Arcane Missiles, but instead of targeting an enemy, he fires toward the cursor, so he can play around the enemy, trying to predict where they’ll move to dodge, and the enemy has to try and avoid the missile itself, instead of being warned where it’s going to be.
    Kinda like a basic ability version of Gall’s Shadow Bolt Volley or the Triglav Protector’s machinegun.

• He could have… Something else… I don’t play WoW, and I don’t remember other Arcane Spells from Hearthstone at the moment :sweat_smile:

My point is that there can be two (maybe even more) arcane mages that still feel different.

At least he is a ranged multi-class hero.

1 Like

Good,I recommend you also work for this talents,make a complete concept of it,I am looking forward to see it.