Returning Player - Still abysmal QM/R matchmaking

I’ve sunk roughly 950 hours into this game and left to pursue other hobbies. Even before i left over 2 years ago the matchmaking system with “keep win rates near 50%” was an outrageous claim and really denotes the amount of fun you can have playing the game. Punishing players that are doing well and matching them will a less skilled team or absurdly high MMR enemy team to even the playing field just leads to more and more toxicity and frustration from the player. I should know…this was a big part of why i left in the first place.

I’ve returned to the game and like some of the changes, but matchmaking is still absolutely abysmal. Sure my skills aren’t top notch anymore but i’m by no means bad. I’ve been on a 11 game losing streak in QM since my return a few days ago. Almost every match there’s someone that goes AFK or we get absolutely stomped on. honestly it’s not fun. at all. period.

Have any of you felt the same pain as I do? Have you ever been in a QM or Ranked game where you get absolutely stomped on?

2 Likes

I would say its a step further where i do not even wanna log on any more cause it is always a one sided stomp, Even when i win cause we destroyed them, its not enjoyable cause you didnt win based on outplaying someone, you won cause they had a player who was dumb.

2 Likes

imo All the top ranked players killed this game. Blizzard tried to implement a different matchmaking system and all the GM’s literally cried about getting people in their games who weren’t GM the previous season. Then they reset back to the old way within what, a week? In the process the GM’s destroyed their streaming careers. Look at Mewnfarez and Crisheroes…they cant get viewers without HOTS and fringe GM’s that had low viewer counts don’t even stream anymore. There are a lot of other factors why we are at this point with the game but imo the turning point was this event…

1 Like

Sounds pretty normal to me. Keep playing and you’ll probably find yourself getting an 11 game winning streak.

I kind of agree somewhat. Of course that statement is an exaggeration. You will still get matches that last longer than 20 minutes.
Outside of playing (un)ranked, there’s not much that can be done about team compositions in quick match. I mean, if you play tank or healer, you’re more likely to get a more mainstream composition—If you want to stay out of the 4 ranged assassins and one random vs the same or similar.

Ive had a few games that i won or lost in 7 minutes cause players were just that bad.