Return all 15map to SL or remove Volskaya

Volskaya is so terrible obcative is not even weak is just negative because people dont know how to use it and always make it easy for opponent counter them.
Hanamura, WhJ, BhB even mines have weak obcative or some bad things but not so much like Volskaya.
So please put all map in so people learn them whit problems or just keep removed bad ones.

You already got everything you can form posting this on the forums:

No point spamming it, nothing will change. Especially the reasons ppl already told you why do you experience the things you do. Like why there are some removed maps, why it won’t change, and what made the devs to create the Ranked Map Rotation.

5 Likes

Just ignore it then bruh…

If map rotation exist anymore then i dont need write this. Points is because there is not any denvelop then there is no change so put all in or just reduc the bad not like is now.

Current maintenance mode still provides Free Hero and Ranked Map rotations, with Ranked Season change, iirc

The post from Cydra in feburary for the new season announcement did include the changed map pool, so it stands to reason that the next season would also rotate the maps.

Player input may influence the rotation (removing volskaya) but I don’t know if that’d actually be the case, and I’m also not tracking how long the current season will last, let alone when a new one will start :thinking:

1 Like

We will see in 3 week but do you really trust to it? Most probably dont happen like 2 years ago but maybe will happen change like 3 months ago. + Like they write whit maintenance they will fix problem when is need it and fix is nowhere full of suicide bots, wintrades smurfs and afk players whit out punishing.

Sounds like a skill issue and not a map issue. Most people refuse to spend 5 min learning how a map work and only want to play like he/she always has played since day 1.

But since its too hard for people nowadays to do something that req you to think then they wont bother doing it.

1 Like

Even if you take away skill issue the objactive still worst in the game and is always on same place.

Volskaya is both well balanced and fun to play. The robot is adequate enough just to open up the map at a steady pace without too much of a snowball effect, but strong enough in the late game to prevent too much stalling.

Compared to Dragon Shrine it is less wide which makes it easier to soak the side lanes and make it more about team play rather than who managed to send the strongest hero to the north or south pole.

2 Likes

My only complaint about Volskaya is the fixed objective spawn. It makes every game play out too similarly when it’s always mid, then top, then bot. I know it’s for flavour reasons, 'cause it’s like the fixed capture points on Overwatch maps, but doesn’t add anything interesting IMO.

2 Likes

Random spawn locations could have too much negative effect on the game length because much of the objective’s potential is wasted by walking. A bigger snowball could negatively affect how often teams interact with each other and would make the whole thing a more passive experience.

I very much like Infernal Shrines best for many reasons, including for what usually results with just the ideal game length, but it feels as if the objective over there is too strong and the map also favors split sieging too much. This doesn’t happen often and most importantly isn’t necessary on Volskaya. The mid lane distance between the doors is pretty much the same, but the cool part about the map is that the bases on outer lanes are so far apart one from another, much further than with other maps and without any line of sight blockers that might slow down rotations.

This makes it risky to overextend so players tend to draft differently as well with more focus on direct fighting. A change in the playstyle also opens up a possibility of drafting multiple support characters including those with percent damage skills.

1 Like

As if there was a single map thas does not have predetermined objective locations in the SL.

At least the map has good macro potential (even tough being small), one of the best objectives for teamfights and low snowball potential.

The best map in the game, on par with ToD if not better.

It’s not my favourite map but I don’t have much issue with it.

Better than Hanamura for example.

Why do you want less choice of maps? One of the reasons I prefer hots over LOL and DOTA is the map choice.

1 Like

So 2 more days to change of nothing probably. .-)

Dunno what everyone speaking here like Volskaya is anything but good, the protector is a meme, abysmal damage that it’s only use was to straight up snipe fountains for opportunities in next objective fights it’s way too easy to defend and go around that pushing is just 10 times better.

Literally the Hanamura problem, all over again in which if you win a fight → just push fort, if you losing to a cart push → just also push fort in a 5 group, you will get very similar value in the process.

By level 20 the debate makes sense to just get it but with how fountains were fundamentally changed, you will in most cases pre20 get more impact from just forcing fights, get 2-3 kills, just push towers, repeat.

The map is nice, I like the gimmick but the execution became worser and worser with building changes that the objective just couldn’t contest, a minor base damage buff should solve this.

2 Likes

No map rotation and no change how suprised? Just put it all in and no more change need it!

Would be funny to have a map ban.
That was once decided against since it would completely take out some maps from the rotation…Which some maps should be.

In theory it will be nice whit 15 maps. It will be possible for each player have one, problem is for this we need denvelopers :frowning: