Reports being useless. Solution suggested

I feel that the report system in this game is highly ineffective for two reasons.

1. Mainly, people report for unjustified reasons. A guy made an error and died, you lost the game? Report. A guy picked a hero you don’t like? Report. A guy did more damage than you did? Report. This happens all the freaking time for all and anything. When people actually do report for a valid reason, it’s lost in the middle of thousands of reports, and often the sanctions don’t happen quite enough. Example “Die in hell fuing jew co sucker, I fu**ed your mom”
    Seems familiar? Happens all the time. How many of these are required for a sanction? Who knows?

2)Some people have a different approach to the game, focusing more on split push, on unpopular heroes, on map control and getting value elsewhere rather than just mindless brawls. This earns TONS of reports. And I mean litteral metric tons of them. Try picking probius or murky in ranked and watch the flame happen one game out of 3, even if you are actually doing very good. This leads to them getting unjustified sanctions eventually.

I’ve had this happen to me, I had the sanction lifted by the GM’s because I hadn’t actually been offensive or anything, just playing in a style that many players disliked. Not that it’s bad, it just gets value elsewhere, but most players dislike the 4v5 thing (which let’s be honest actually doesn’t happen because when you split a player usually comes to counter you so it’s 4v4)

The solution? Simple. Add in an “unjustified reporting” button next to all the other categories. If a player earns too many of these, get him checked. If confirmed, sanction. Reports are not a toy to ventilate frustration, they are a tool to regulate toxic players that act in a way that isn’t acceptable by the chart of conduct signed when you make your account. That way when you get a report on your face for playing and making an error, or simply an offensive guy reporting you, which let’s remember isn’t against the rules, you can and WILL make mistakes during gameplay at some point, you can contest the unjustified reports and make the game less toxic.

Blizzard only bans the people they feel like banning and not the people that are ruining ranked game play.

i have a solution . just end the game shut it down.

2 Likes