Reporting system is completely unacceptable

Just had a player, at level 3985, come into the game and say “Report me” then proceeded to immediately use the -N- word. Clearly this person plays all the time and knows nothing will be done about it. Why has his account not been banned for this crap? Obviously I reported him but honestly I don’t think it will matter.

2 Likes

People get silenced/suspended and banned for that behaviour. The player you wrote about might have only done that in one game, so they only get 4 reports. They could know how the system works, so deliberately only behave poorly in a few games then wait and let reports decay.

As they won’t throw money to manually review reports, this is probably the best system they can have as I wouldn’t want someone instantly banned from just 4 reports, due to spite/false reporting.

5 Likes

This is not new really. I had a lvl 0 account spammed WW2 insults in general chat about you know who since Hots forum has cencured his name.
And surpricely enough the player also only had 0.2 kda so he also runs into towers and feeds whole game properly.

Everytime he came out from a lost game he would spam general chat with the same thing like 7-8 times before he then que up to a new ARAM game with his friend who also runs around on a lvl 0 account with 0.2 kda like him. So two toxic players that ruin games in ARAM. Feeding to 2 digit numbers and then fills general chat with you know who.

3 Likes

I get what these low level accounts are doing, they literally have no care if they are banned. As the OP said it was an account that was almost level 4000, I imagine they know the system well and just say their stupid stuff in a game or two and then wait for those reports to decay before doing it again.

6 Likes

What does the N word means? Noob? If so I am still surprised how people want to report someone for someone meaningless like this. Except player are using real personal insults/death threats I usually ignore the bad mannered players.

And honestly OP I doubt that you’re telling us the full story, because I never experience stuff like that ingame, maybe only 1% of my games, but such players are usually high tilted, because they play a lot and probably got trolled too, so it’s their revenge act… Sure it’s still wrong, but usually such “accidents” have a background story and people usually don’t do this. Except 1% of the psychopaths or trolls, but this guys should just get reported, no need to talk about them, they have more problems than this game.

To the reportsystem it’s working as intended, just report this guy and your job is done. Don’t think too much about it.

You know what it mean. Its a racist word that people like to use when normal curse words are not enough.

1 Like

You mean the word that literally decribes black people? I thought of that, but I can count the amount of games I experienced that in my whole Hots time, it was maybe 5 of thousands of games. That’s why I was unsure.

But even if it’s this word I still think people are overreacting here, but maybe that’s just me, who can’t understand how a word like this, which literally describes blacks, counts as insult. But I get it that it’s on the same level like the R word, which describes people with handicaps. Even though in my experience both words are used similarly in gaming reality and means usually “idiot”.

Btw I don’t think that this words are usually used, because “normal curse words are not enough”, but they are used individually by people with different education. Dumb people use more rough language than smart ones in general. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re on the EU server aren’t you? It’s not unique to the US, but that particular word is (shamefully) in more common usage in the US compared to other cultures. I know from my friends in Asia and those in ANZ they have slurs that are mostly confined to those various cultures which are hardly seen on the US server.

It’s just you, or rather a different cultural perception/experience. It is considered to be a highly derogatory and inflammatory term. It has been reclaimed somewhat by those who it is directed at, but it’s not something that is deemed acceptable in polite conversation. For sure it’s not on the level of calling someone a “noob”, which would be considered a mere trifle in comparison.

Either way, the OP just needs to report them in game. Even if they had scads of money they wanted to waste it would be unrealistic to expect a manual review of each report, so we’re stuck with automated system we have.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s EU, but I would like to know, if this word is really used as racism or “just a hard word”, but usually you can understand it as “idiot” from the context. In Dota 2 or HoN I experienced insults more commonly than in Hots and the “common insult” was the R word, but you could tell from the context that even though people used this word, they did it in the same context as idiot, when they was hard tilted for example. And not really as discrimination and I bet most players in NA do the same with the N word.

But no matter what this people should be reported nevertheless.

It is but people who are black or retarded in real life would see it as an insult.
Last year when Covid was at its highest I saw someone who had drawed China’s flag with Covid on it. The China’s embassy asked for an apology from the country who made it but never got one.

The artist who did it said he was in no position to give an apology since they live in a democratic world where all have freedom to draw and say what they want. So basicely he insulted an entire nation and then said he has freedom of speetch to do what he see fit.

3 Likes

reports decay? since when?
cause i was silenced (years ago though) for something that was about 8 month in the past also only single case (only found out when talking to the support about it and that person didnt lift the silence)

it was one of the reasons i got fed up with the customer service and took some distance from blizz-games

How do you know it was about 8 month? I mean you don’t get silenced/banned by 1-4 reports from a single match, but you have to be reported a bit more than that.

Otherwise every player would be at least silenced once or banned in the near future due to false reports.

1 Like

Lol I love how it’s not ok to “insult an entire nation” with a pic, while that country oopsies on a virus that kills millions of people and that’s not a problem.

What are you trying to say? Do you even understand how absurd your comparison is?

I didn’t knew that the whole country was involved in the incident. I thought it just happend in a town and spreaded from that to around the world… Have you more information about that?

or his account got hacked/taken over?

Yeah and US launching nukes in 1945 was just one room where someone pressed a button…

Or they just don’t care about it anymore, personally, I have a few accounts and don’t really care if anything happens to them. This game is a dumpster fire and nothing can save it at this point, so who cares.

But it is worth sticking around to harass the rest of us?

4 Likes

Not for me, but there are plenty of people who would do that. I mean hell, people are killing others for pretty much no reason at all…

1 Like

level just means total time played, the report system works in reports over time, if he does only 1 game of this then literally doesn’t type for the rest of his games OR doesn’t play that many games then he will not be punished

YET someone who plays like 10 games a day in storm league, tells people to say “stop feeding” or stuff like that, never uses a cuss word or slang of any kind, they will get banned eventually

That is how this very broken and highly abusable trash report system works

1 Like