Removed from lobby due to inactivity (ranked draft)

I just had a ranked game where I was banning and when time came for our 2nd and 3rd pick I got ‘You were removed from lobby due to inactivity’ message together with -500 ranked points and 2 quickmatch/brawl victory penalty. Mind you I was one of four people on our team that still haven’t pre-selected hero and I haven’t missed a single ban so I don’t understand why I got kicked and penalized.

This is not the first time this happened to me, in fact this week this happened 3 times to me and it’s very frustrating. I’m often alt-tabbed while searching for storm league and I might be doing something or just simply decide not to prepick anything because I’m still unsure.

Also consider that this wasn’t me being afk and not selecting anything as last pick while timer is going down to 0, I got kicked for ‘inactivity’ while clearly doing first two bans and before 2nd and 3rd pick of my own team are made, it makes absolutely no sense.

Now I’m forced to win two games in modes I do not enjoy at all, has anyone else experienced same problem?

Yes, twice in the last week. Very upsetting.

Was removed from ranked queue due to
inactivity. Was chatting during all picks. Very upset. Have retarded convo picks

incurred leaver status too

its 2020, wtf? i wasn’t sure that this was thing now. Can anyone confirm?

This thread has popped up quite a few times during the last few months. Just to make sure:

Chatting in draft does not count as activity. Only locking in a hero does.

If the draft timer runs to 0 and less than 2 players on your turn pick a hero (not counting first pick and last pick), anyone showing empty or invalid picks will get kicked out for inactivity and incur a 500 point penalty.

There is no bug. Lock a hero and the penalty will never be applied to your account. Chatting in draft as the timer reaches 0 will not count as activity.

I don’t think it’s that simple. Ive been playing this game for years and just recently started getting bounced from draft when I’ve had a character selected. Im almost positive its related to internet hiccups and the game having zero tolerance for that during draft.