Rehgar Talent Diversity

Overall, Rehgar is in a good spot talent-diversity wise. However, there are some outliers that should be addressed. I’m not addressing Ults. I’m referring to the “HotS Complete” app for usage and win rate statistics.

Level 4

Spiritwalker’s Grace
This talent does not provide nearly enough mana reduction to compete with the other options.
New: Reduces Chain Heal’s mana cost by 10 for each Hero healed.

Feral Heart
This talent has been nerfed many times, but it’s a bit too weak in its current state to compete with Stormcaller or Healing Totem.
Additional Functionality: Attacking a Hero with Ghost Wolf’s Basic Attack restores 25 mana.

Level 7

Cleanse
I don’t know how Rehgar avoided Cleansicide for so long, but your time has come.
New: Ancestor’s Guidance (90 sec cd) Activate to make target ally Unstoppable for 1 second. Healing an ally Hero with Chain Heal reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds.

Totemic Projection
This talent is under-performing and has too little going for it.
Additional Functionality: Heroes that attack Earthbind Totem have their Attack Speed reduced by 50% for 1.5 seconds.

Your a smart guy. If you figgered out that app is just good for beginners. Switch to something better.
I recommend heroeshearth or commen sence
For example If mura is their only cc dont pick cleanse because the low duration of the stun. The other talents can actually provide more to benified the team

The problem is that it only provides benefit when in wolf form. If you are in wolf form all the time, to get maximum benefit from it, you are not dealing damage or healing. This encourages/rewards an unhealthy and counter productive sort of play.

I would Suggest changing functionality to it such that it grants a 50% increase to health and mana regen while in ghost wolf form but executing a lunge attack raises that to 150% and retains the buff for 4 seconds in normal form. This means the talent would reward aggressive lunge play and give a significant amount of mana return.

Totemic Projection is a lot more powerful than you might think. If combined with Colossal Totem at level 1 it gives great zoning potential. However it is only really useful if your team lacks sources of slow or if your team benefits a lot from slow (procs damage boosts).

1 Like

Agreed. We are on the same page in that regard.

The Ghost Wolf form mana regen doesn’t need to be nerfed; it’s already paltry. Your suggestion is the same concept, but different execution. GW would provide 33 mana over 4 seconds at lvl 4 and 49 mana over 4 seconds at lvl 20. At level 4, my suggestion provides 25 mana instantly + Base regen, 13 mana over 4 seconds (38 total). At level 20, 25 mana instantly + Base regen, 19 mana over 4 seconds (44 total).
I’m not sure how much mana you thought would be returned, but both suggestions are comparable in practice, with yours providing less mana early game, but more late-game. I actually like your idea better, but would add that the lunge attack must be against a Hero to receive the bonus.

Totemic Projection is just as powerful as I think; an okay CC tool that can’t compete with the other options on that tier. The Totem can be destroy pretty easily, and the 90% Initial slow at 16 makes re-positioning the Totem less necessary. Looking at it now, I think 50 Spell Armor may be too high.

Rehgar level 7 isn’t bad, its just that the other option is cleanse so lol

I agree and thats some pretty good suggestions. At the moment, the W build seem to be more popular. The wolf lvl 16 talent % dmg feel a bit weak to me, maybe a buff to 7.5% would be nice and make Rehgar scary. At the moment it feel only worth taking vs like two warriors and azmodan, plus the others two talents are pretty hard to beat.

Ancestral upgrade seem not so popular at 20 too, but I should try it one day.

Blood and Thunder is an amazing talent. You don’t always need a cleanse.

In draft modes there should basically always be enough CC that cleanse will get heavy value.

Yeah, it will usually be useful, but blood and thunder will always be useful. Cooldowns are a big deal.

Also, personally, I get more value out of cooldowns because I mis-time cleanses.

If you can time your Ancestrals well, Cleanse becomes superfluous in most instances. I pick Blood and Thunder over Cleanse every single time because it lets me: Heal more often with Chain Heal, deal more damage with Lightning Shield/get more Mana back with Stormcaller, Slow my enemies more often with Earthbind Totem.

Rehgar’s Cleanse is actually booty compared to other Healers. Lili’s Cleanse heals, 40 sec cd, and has cd reduction with Fast Feet. Lucio has a 15 sec Cleanse Ult that heals (although, he exposes himself when using it). Uther’s Cleanse is 90 sec and has cd reduction of 5 sec per Basic Attack. Rehgar’s Cleanse is seriously archaic.