Reconnecting Issues in August 2020?

Hi, I am a new player and I’m glad my friend got me into this. Everything works great for the past two weeks until last two days I keep getting terrible lags and “Reconnecting” like 90% of the time when I am in a match. My Wi-Fi works totally fine (it was never an issue for the past two weeks), I have looked up the forum, tried clearing the cache, allowed the app through firewalls, reinstalled the game, nothing works. Is there another less tedious method that I could probably solve this problem? I really hope I get to continue play this game and not having you guys losing new players over this.
I have been playing with my roommate in the exact same room and he doesn’t have this problem.

1 Like

Hey, Pandre! Firstly, welcome to Heroes of the Storm :slight_smile: We’re glad to have you be apart of our community!

As for the reconnecting issue, it is a connection related problem which connection is usually pretty complex to diagnose and troubleshoot at times. With this not happening to your roommate, it does point to a system network specific concern or something a bit more complex like a specific network channel or device priority setting causing the problem.

Before we go too deep into these concerns, we’ll want to try a few basics and gather a bit more information on the connection to check for any prioritization or mitigation on the home network.

• If you are on Windows 10, try resetting the network settings:

1. Click on the Start Menu
    2. Select on the Settings :gear: option.
    3. In the Windows Settings, click on “Network & Internet”
    4. Near the bottom of the new window, click on “Network Reset”

Try again, and if it persists, try rebooting to help with the changes made from the Network Reset.

• If possible, try a wired connection. If it’s not possible, but the home network has dualband support, try switching between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network.

• Reset the network devices.

As a temporarily workaround for the issue, you could look into testing out an alternative connection or VPN. The problem may go away on its own, if you’d prefer to workaround the issue for now.

If the problem continues, could you provide us with a WinMTR test? Run the test until the problem occurs for 5 to 10 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

1 Like