Reaper as a Valla skin

Since his abilities are similar to Valla’s I’m thinking we could have him as a skin for Valla, like WM is a skin for Nova.

6 Likes

I want to see Reaper as a skin for Malthael. You can give him futuristic sickles based on his shotguns, replace his mist with black smoke, and have him spin and say “DIE! DIE! DIE!” during Tormented Souls.

4 Likes

Valla could also very easily be the Starcraft II Reaper as well.

1 Like

I’m all for it, as long as she gets a replaced voice over.

Nova needs a Widowmaker voice replacement too.

I feel like if Reaper did get into Heroes it would be as his own Hero. They did the same thing with Widowmaker and it only barely fit. Heck in my opinion Widow should have gotten her own Hero rather then be a skin but that’s just me

2 Likes

I dont think its good thing, because he is melee range assassin, Valla ranged hero. Which makes no sense, i created a topic about him you can check it out if you want. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Agreed
Aside from Death Blossom everything in Reapers kit is actually quite different even if they wanted him to be ranslated into the game exactly.

I’m think withhis lifesteal mechanics he’d probably be a bruiser/ off tank actually maybe Shadowstep would be an ult or trait that gives him global.

Maybe, but Valla also had a ton of lifesteal mechanics before they gutted her. They aren’t as different as they look.

You know aside from the fact Reaper is ineffective beyond what might as well be melee range,
and his durability both in duels in OW and in his lore make him fit brawler position better

They are, Range/Melee. More than enough to make them different.

Intesting observation.
His Ult is already a Valla ult
His teleport move can just be a recolor of Vault
He is very hateful (lol hatred trait)
Dual wield already (projectile animations would have to change but no biggie)
The hungering arrow is the only real tricky part, any thoughts out there?

Use his nanite cloud to attack.

I should clarify that I really hate shoehorning, and I think Valla into Reaper is shoehorned. The only thing the two really have in common is Strafe vs. Death Blossom. I mean, it’s shotguns against crossbows. That’s not even kind of similar. I think Malthael would be a better fit since instead of trying to do a 1-to-1 adaptation, you can just design a Reaper-based skin (like AzGul’dan, Novazon, and D.Va the Destroyer).

The characters can be very different in both playstyle and kit. There are noted similarities between Reaper and some other characters, but with some finesse, I think he could be made different. And this is without just designing new abilities like with Maiev and Zeratul.

I made a kit for him, trying to be as respectful to the source game, which can be found here: [HC] Reaper, Phantom of Blackwatch

Shadow step should be an ability, that has high cool down, which let him teleport to a near point such as from lane to lane but with high cool down like 60 sec or 50 sec or something like that, and his ultimate should be shorter range than valla but with higher damage, and his second time to increase his ultimate power should be increasing damage even more or duration or range or even lifesteal he get while he ulting.