RANKED - Unjustly lost points for teammate abandoning

My friend and I both lost 1.5 levels because of a bug.

Scenario:
We have first pick - my friend and I show Cho’Gall
OUR PICK
Teammate choose Alexstraza

ENEMY PICK
Enemies choose 2 heroes

OUR PICK
A teammate locks in Valla
This is where the bug happens

Our 5th player (not Cho/Gall/Valla/Alex) doesn’t choose a hero. He doesn’t show any hero, he’s just AFK the entire time

Because our team needs to pick a hero, and Cho’Gall NEED to be picked at the same time, it’s up to him. We message him to pick, and he doesn’t respond - since he’s AFK.
He doesn’t pick a hero

We get booted from the game, my friend and I are marked for “abandoning” the game, and we lose 1.5 levels in Storm League

Any help into restoring our ranked points would be greatly appreciated, because otherwise this can make playing Cho’Gall in ranked difficult, especially because teammates who know of this bug can just exploit it and get a free dodge if they don’t want to play with Cho’Gall.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thats two picks. If you had first pick you could duo last pick ChoGall.
Not sure if I understood correctly can you explain the whole draft picking?
Because you cant pick Cho without Gall or Gall without Cho.

edit: Got it, well apperantly you sadly need to adapt and instead pick a another hero.

This is no bug. is You cannot show Cho’Gall after your teammate already chose Alexstrasza. If you do, you will get kicked out of the lobby for invalid hero selection.

Cho and Gall are two separate heroes. Cho’Gall can only be picked instantly together. You cannot pick Alex + Cho + Gall, that’s 3 heroes on 1 round.

If anyone picks anything else on your round, Cho’Gall is now an invalid choice.

Besides the scenario lined above (double pick round, where a teammate already picked one hero), Cho’Gall is also always an invalid choice on 1 pick rounds (where you are allowed to pick only one hero).

If your teammate fails to pick a hero + you are not in a double pick round where Cho+Gall can be locked in, Cho’Gall is also an invalid selection. Both the teammate and you + Gall will get kicked out (3 people will lose points).

There is a very simple way to avoid this. Never hover Cho’Gall until you are going to instantly lock them in on that round.

1 Like