Ranked Toxicity - How do you deal with it?

Hello friends of the forums!

I’ve recently got back into ranked and, for whatever reason I’m finding some of the worst people in my games. The worst part is, it’s usually only ONE person on the team who has to crap on everyone. I don’t generally engage in the negative responses, to the best of my ability and patience…

The big thing, and I completely understand why - people hate Cho’Gall, who I would consider my primary champion of interest. I have lots of backup champions, and I am comfortable in almost any role. Assassin being my least preferred (I still have options I can play reasonably though).

There are a few things that irk me though, in particular if I pre-select Cho’Gall (I only play duo’s with one friend) and people - on my own team who waste the ban on banning that champion - without saying anything How do you engage with similar situations? I don’t usually lock Cho’Gall instantly, without first asking if people are comfortable with us playing them.

I want to be clear that if, for whatever reason, people don’t want to work with a team around Cho’Gall - I am completely comfortable, and willing to switch champions, as to not waste a ban. Please actually just ban something that will help out comp instead lol.

Apart from my personal grievances with playing a very hated champion (or at least it feels this way) - how do you engage with ingame salt? I’ve had simple interactions - as recent as last night, where I simply ask if someone can do something, and they respond with.

---- you

I’m by know means the worst feeder in the world but, I won’t pretend I’m nearly good enough to be a pro player - but, is this type of behaviour often accepted? I personally feel the report system isn’t effective but, I also don’t have the benefit of seeing the action taken.

If it means anything, we managed to get Gold 3 last season after climbing - and this season it appears our placements are of a similar rank. Bronze was definitely far more toxic, which is where we climbed from in our placements initially - with some relative haste too.

Overall, it seems to me like playing at the start of the season is the worst decision you can make - it’s almost like you need to wait for all the toxic players to slowly be demoted before it becomes somewhat tolerable.

Am I alone in this? Do you have any specific ways you tend to damage control a negative person, or situation? I don’t think all games are going to be winners, and I don’t expect it to be rainbows and sunshine.

The best way to handle the critics is to play well - it’s plain and simple …people tend to troll on those that are easy prey:

1. the healer that has < 5k hero dmg at the end of the game.
  2. the assassin with < 30k hero dmg at end game
  3. the tank with 10 deaths
  4. the spec that didn’t get down a single fort and missed objectives
  5. anyone that was doubled or more by opponent in their critical stat

These are all things that should never happen, so if you find yourself qualifying in one of those categories, then you probably lost the game for your team anyway…learn from mistakes.

My first pick is my best pick for winning the game. If my team disrespects me by banning my best pick, I disrespect them right back by throwing the game.

I do have several in fact, but I’m not going to teach them to you because I don’t think they’re worth using. People are fundamentally selfish, petty, cruel, and hateful. And no amount of Blizzard censoring or banning will ever change fundamental human nature.

Your top three options are

1. Turn off all chat
  2. Grow a thicker skin
  3. Get off the internet
1 Like

I am so sick of toxic people in ranked. I just had a game where one player fed the entire game. When I said “stop, 4v5” after pinging back 10 times, the guy goes in and dies again. Then he says he is reporting me, for nicely saying don’t go in. His party member says the same thing. What is that? I already got silenced once, because people false report for BS like that. Now I am going to get suspended for this junk? Get these toxic feeders out of ranked play please. All you care about is “abusive chat” reports, you don’t police anything else. Too bad their toxic play is what makes everyone complain and result in all the “abusive chat”. I just mute toxic people, problem solved. You can’t mute feeding though. So tired of people throwing in ranked.

Yeah, if someone is intentionally losing, blizzard should ban that person from ranked. There is no need for that. No matter how someone wrongs you, throwing is not the answer. If you don’t want to win, then at least give me AI, don’t sit in game and waste all of our time.