Ranked points problem: can some1 explain why?

I am not writing this for myself but i see this happening too often to my friends. Yesterday we were in a group of 3 playing Storm League and we lost, this is what we got
ME, Gold 5: -184 points (3yo old smurf account)
FRIEND 1, Gold 3: -468 points (4 yo account)
FRIEND 2, Plat 3: -468 points (4 yo account)
They play SL some time, while i play it for like at least 50 matches per season maybe more. Why does it happen like that? i Have another friend that same happens to be high gold and for him is the same, about 500 points more or less, while i still gain around 200, both on my smurf and my regular account

1 Like

Duude I had the same problem when I was playing with two other friends, one Gold 3 and one Gold 2.

They both had only lost 200 rank points for a loss I had lost 480. I stopped after a couple games. Feel its some sort of glitch because its just insane Blizzard would do this.

I feel like you made a good observation saying it might have something to do with how often you play it. The friends I played with play ranked often and I just do it about 15-20 games per season.

Last season it happened to me once where I lost almost 500 ranked points and I figured it was a penalty for not playing enough ranked, but then it leveled out. Went back to 200ish for losing or winning. Now I’ve had 3 games where I lost 400+. It’s F-ing dumb and it will only make me want to play ranked less.

Cause blizzard wants this game to die is why. they clearly do not wish to make improvements on it and each season more problems are being created rather than being fixed.

2 Likes

This is normal. your friends have a too high uncertainty in their ranks because they haven’t played ranked for too long. After a few couple of games this number will come down to 200 per loose/ win.

1 Like

Ahhh you again. Read my answer. You lack obviously the understanding of how the game and ranked system works but come here to every thread to put your frustration out. Why do that? Why not learn first how the system works and than complain if you have a point?

1 Like

I understand how it works just fine thank you. The point is the system is trash and needs to be reworked. I am voicing my thoughts just like anyone else on here. If you notice you see a lot more complaints than you do people agreeing/enjoying/liking this system they have in place.

1 Like

until this point you complaint about how people " cant climb out of botttom tier rank" not understanding that this is not the case. When op asked here for an answer why he looses/ wins 400, you complaint that this is because the system is “broken” instead of just simply answering the question. So yeah i assume you dont understand the mechanics behing ranked. now you come up again with " this system is trash because others think also so". voicing your thoughts is a good idea if you have a point, otherwise its only crying

1 Like

I complain about blizzard doing nothing about game throwers, afkers and feeders and the lack of punishment these players get along with a ranking system that has horribly mismatched most players higher than they should be.

You claim it to be crying and yet its a problem many have complained about, you are probably part of the problem and are on here to troll people so take it how you like, you will not be replied to again.

“You claim it to be crying and yet its a problem many have complained about”
are you reading your own posts? its the first time you mention a reasonable (even if i do not agree) thing WHY you think the ranked system is bad. in all your previous posts you couldnt name even a reason, so yeah it was absolutely crying. if you want to change something than learn to make arguments and explain your position. you dont go to your boss and simply say " this job is bad" and hope for something to change.

1 Like