Ranked Points Possibly More Broken Now than Before

Been playing HoTS since the Alpha, off and on. Always fun to play w/ friends, but solo Q feels more broken than ever, even after the patch. The disparity in points gained/lost with people of similar rank and performance is annoying. But when you have a ranked match with someone who gets disco’ed from standing still 3 mins into a match, get stuck with a bot, and lose…and then lose upwards of 30 more points from the loss than you gain from a match where you win with MVP…it really makes me want to never play ranked.

Just disappointing that in all these years Blizzard keeps breaking what could otherwise be the most fun and accessible MOBA in the market.

Well, I’ve been on a losing streak too, just got out of a game where a player decided to suicide 16 times in one match. I don’t know what to do. I’m thinking about quitting the game. So frustrating.

Any ranking system they implement that doesn’t include personal performance (i.e. PBMM) will always be a joke.

Matchmaking is so garbage. I thought it may have been fixed so I came back, but it seems somewhat worse than before. Not going to rant here, but here was my final straw: it shouldn’t put me with the same two throwers 4 games in a row. How is this garbage ranked system supposed to determine our individual rank if it keeps putting us on the same team? Now I have to win 4-5 in a row to ‘null’ that little bad streak just to get back where I started? The enemy team was always completely different so ‘limited player pool’ was no excuse.

Game is fun, but it sucks that there is no path to playing with people of similar skill. The funnest games were the closest ones.

Possibly? The rank /matchmaking system is ENTIRELY and COMPLETELY BROKEN.