Ranked is dead----

i tought so too but here am at 5000s and still counting

1 Like

Maybe it’s a bug. 5000sec sound out of hand.

I’ve had it bugged several times before, but a quick game restart fixed that straight away.
That doesn’t seem liek the issue here though.

i installed fresh today run scan and fix still did not work.I dont get it i find qm in sec prntscr .com/oie5wz

1 Like

I feel so sad that I can’t even tell if you waiting 1,5hrs in queue is a bug or that the playerbase really is that deprived at this moment

yeah i posted link of screenshot above just remove empy space and copy it i guess only qm i can play for now people are still there .

QM is the main mode for casual players so that’s always available, but if the playerbase really is that deprived and it’s not a bug then I would be scared to even go there. I personally quit the game because the devs kept my heroes so bad I didn’t want to play ranked with them and I also didn’t want to play QM because our team constantly had a trash player 1000 MMR below the rest of the players feeding and dragging us down. If the situation is even more dire than it was a few months ago, good luck with that one :sweat_smile:

I would atleast report to developers and check what’s going on.
Abit wierd since i don’t get que times in EU.
If it’s not a bug, then heck, but i don’t think the playerbase is as horrible as some people want it to be, but i assume the playerbase will increase hefty once the new season hits.

Got alot of people on break atm during pre season and summer times.

2 Likes

my que time is around 1-40seconds. bronze 3. EU

more or less. they have specific targets where they want more population at, but its more of a guideline and not really anything they strictly try to enforce.

they really have only commented about the actual numbers the one time. i kind of wish they would publish more of these distribution numbers and other things like it because it does show how different patches and metas may have changed things.

Rank Target Actual
Bronze 7% 11%
Silver 35% 35%
Gold 35% 23%
Plat 15% 16%
Diamond 7% 14%
Master 1% <1%

source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/82p1h5/ranked_player_distribution/dvbzypz/

http://heroes.blizzplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/blizzcon-2016-heroes-state-of-the-game-panel-00029.jpg
1 Like

Ow nice they did a really good job with silver and plat

i think my acc is bugged out when i go to match history there is only 4 games played on rank, but i playd 36 games on my friend acc i find games in sec.

Haven’t you by any chance left few games recently?

I believe in that case the game would try to match you with leaver players thus decresing the amount of available players drasticaly.

i dont think so i get to s2 then pause it, for mount before that everything was fine.

There was a post on a bug that had to do with this.

Edit
Found it:

was looking into it.

1 Like

So im playing on EU servers, and queues most of the time are either instant or 30 seconds max, except when its really late like 1am in which case it can be a couple minutes which is totally understandable. Im Master rank, which is the lowest percent of people and i can find games really fast. If youre in QM/lower ranks and it takes so long, it can only be bugged

1 Like

Thx for replay i see lot players are in the same boat i tought i was only one . Im glad its only a bug and people still play it .:smile:

Looks like they found the problem. likely your rank and acutall mmr are too far apart so the ranked matching breaks and cant find a game… interesting. But your screwed until next season starts in 2 weeks…

[quote=“Huginncord, post:115, topic:18353,
full:true”]
Hey everyone!

First, I want to thank everyone for their patience while we investigated this issue. We have identified a potential cause for this and are looking to implement a fix with the new season and ranked updates.

We believe this issue resulted in affected players’ MMR and Season Ranks greatly diverging, which was causing the match maker to have trouble finding games for those players. While this was most often seen in players who were leaving large amount of games, it was also possible to affect players who were playing the game normally. With the ranked changes that will better map MMR to Season Rank, this issue should be resolved.

After the new Ranked Season begins, if you are still seeing this problem, please let me know so we can investigate further!

Thank you for all the information and reports!
Huginncord
[/quote]

1 Like

update, my rank is now instant. played 5 games last night.

Do you see the queue thing at the bottom of the screen? I ask because I’ve ran into a bug sometimes where for some reason it will stop the Queue for some reason but still show the cancel button halfway through it’s animation of leaving the screen.